Moving Out At 16 Watch

nivnarna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My boyfriend moved out of his mum's to his dad's recently, his dad lives too far away from college so travel would be terrible. We were planning on him moving into mine which my mum is fine with.

How would we go about this? Would he have to declare where he is living, how would that affect his mum and what would my mum have to declare to the council that he is living here and how would that affect all of us? It's confusing how it works and I cant find any specific information online as its an unusual situation
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nivnarna)
My boyfriend moved out of his mum's to his dad's recently, his dad lives too far away from college so travel would be terrible. We were planning on him moving into mine which my mum is fine with.

How would we go about this? Would he have to declare where he is living, how would that affect his mum and what would my mum have to declare to the council that he is living here and how would that affect all of us? It's confusing how it works and I cant find any specific information online as its an unusual situation
Talk to CAB or Shelter.
You will most likely have to declare to council, but as you wont be getting benefits you may be fine.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...us/contact-us/
https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help
WanderStruck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You dont have to do anything depending on the length of time, where you are, etc. My 17 year old niece moved in with her best friend and didn't have to do anything. She's taking over her room when her friend leaves to go to live at her dads.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%