Is Kpop popular in the UK

Watch
Elishaa02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is Kpop considered popular in the Uk because I know that it is in America, and if it is, what groups do people here like?
isadiya
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not as known or popular as it is in the US but people are much more aware compared to five years ago and the people who know about kpop are typically teenagers or young adults mostly. Also, it barely gets as much news coverage as it does in america I personally like BTS and the majority of people who know about kpop probably stan them and girl group wise would stan blackpink. But groups such as NCT have following as well i guess. hope this helps!
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds ****. What does the K stand for
olivia.francesca
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No one over the age of 25 will have heard of it
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm over the age of 25 and have heard of it - the best type of music I've ever listened to ... BTS and DAY6 are my favourite bands. DEAN is my favourite KRnB singer.
_i.xxy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
I'm over the age of 25 and have heard of it - the best type of music I've ever listened to ... BTS and DAY6 are my favourite bands. DEAN is my favourite KRnB singer.
Oof finally someone else likes Day6, I feel like people sleep on them too much 😩😩😩
Elishaa02
Rep:
?
Day6 is probably the best band EVER. People do sleep on them too much
_i.xxy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Elishaa02)
Day6 is probably the best band EVER. People do sleep on them too much
IKR!!! They deserve more recognition
Last edited by _i.xxy; 1 year ago
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _i.xxy)
Oof finally someone else likes Day6, I feel like people sleep on them too much 😩😩😩
They’re amazing! I saw them in London in January .... they got another tour so gonna try and snag some tickets again hehe. Favourite song: when you love someone . You??
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _i.xxy)
Yesss day6 deserve so much more recognition 😊
_i.xxy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
They’re amazing! I saw them in London in January .... they got another tour so gonna try and snag some tickets again hehe. Favourite song: when you love someone . You??
Mines I Need Somebody
jbrdodd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Popular with some teenage girls and thats about it
Elishaa02
Rep:
?
(Original post by jbrdodd)

I’ve seen kpop fans that are male and also older kpop fans. I don’t think it’s just teenage girls
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Kpop considered popular in the Uk because I know that it is in America, and if it is, what groups do people here like?
oh jesus
username4250202
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I'm not sure. My friends keep bumping into Kpop stans in public but I've never come across any. but i've also seen HMV selling red velvet and NCT albums in their shops which definitely wasn't happening a year or two ago so i guess it's gotten more popular.

Spoiler:
Show
stan stay kids
Last edited by username4250202; 1 year ago
Elishaa02
Rep:
?
(Original post by qveen)
Honestly I'm not sure. My friends keep bumping in Kpop stans in public but I've never come across any. but i've also seen HMV selling red velvet and NCT albums in their shops which definitely wasn't happening a year or two ago so i guess it's gotten more popular.

Spoiler:
Show
stan stay kids
yeah. I’m the same I never see kpop stans in public.
And also stray kids is so goooood
username4250202
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jbrdodd)
eyy believe it or not my grandpa likes bts so don't go there. we don't welcome stereotyping.
Ben878
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I pretty much only know they are a group of girly boys lol...are they actually massively popular for their musical ability?
Elishaa02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ben878 (LfL))
I pretty much only know they are a group of girly boys lol...do you purely like them for the musical ability?
No but their musical ability is a large part of it. Also their dancing and looks too of course.
jbrdodd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve seen kpop fans that are male and also older kpop fans. I don’t think it’s just teenage girls
(Original post by qveen)
eyy believe it or not my grandpa likes bts so don't go there. we don't welcome stereotyping.
Males are probably a small percentage of there fans though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads