The Student Room Group

What is better: BSc or MSci?

I'm currently a typical tenth grader stressing about university and getting all worked up. I have been researching everything about uni and I've noticed that almost all universities offer a BSc and a MSci course. But which ones better and why?? (I'm planning on doing astrophysics) Thanks :smile:
BSc degrees are typically 3 years, MSci degrees are 4 years and are the equivalent of a BSc + MSc so they are a higher level qualification and in that sense "better", but take longer to get. Year 4 often has a lot of project work and optional modules that allow you to tailor your course to some degree.

Some universities will have higher entry requirements for an MSci, but in many cases its easy to transfer between MSci and BSc versions of a course at your university up until the end of year 2. If you dont have high enough grades in year 2, you can also find yourself being bumped off the MSci and "down" to the BSc
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
BSc degrees are typically 3 years, MSci degrees are 4 years and are the equivalent of a BSc + MSc so they are a higher level qualification and in that sense "better", but take longer to get. Year 4 often has a lot of project work and optional modules that allow you to tailor your course to some degree.

Some universities will have higher entry requirements for an MSci, but in many cases its easy to transfer between MSci and BSc versions of a course at your university up until the end of year 2. If you dont have high enough grades in year 2, you can also find yourself being bumped off the MSci and "down" to the BSc

Thank you so much, your answer helps a lot!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending