How do I make myself feel my Age Watch

Susan2236
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m 19, but I feel about 14 and I always get told I don’t look my age. I hate my weight & i am so insecure about things, such as my high forehead and how skinny my legs are. How do I make myself look my age? And how do I overcome these things because it is seriously affecting my mental health and my life. I leave my house and it’s all I think about, and It affects me everyday.
Umair_B_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had the opposite problem in that I get mistaken for older than I actually am all the time and get treated accordingly. Growing up I was always held more responsible than others in my class; even though I was actually the youngest majority of the time. This also extends to the jobs I've had; expectations and performance metrics have been measured differently for me than others who were also my age and have had the same level of experience. Now my appearance is certainly not the only factor in all of this but it does contribute. So there are times where I wish I looked younger so people would cut me a little bit more slack but that's just human nature the grass is always greener on the other side.

Your issues with weight can be proactively tackled and you can also work on increasing the size of certain aspects of ur body through training as well. If your conscious of ur forehead certain hairstyles can de-emphasize that too. But at the end of the day if u spend ur time worrying what other people think and trying to conform to that u leave very little room for who you are as a person to develop and u deserve better than that .
ElNiñoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Susan2236)
So I’m 19, but I feel about 14 and I always get told I don’t look my age. I hate my weight & i am so insecure about things, such as my high forehead and how skinny my legs are. How do I make myself look my age? And how do I overcome these things because it is seriously affecting my mental health and my life. I leave my house and it’s all I think about, and It affects me everyday.
Try to concentrate on the things you love about yourself, you can actively do training to increase your weight
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Susan2236)
This should not be an issue. I looked much younger than my years at this age but was fine with it apart from being asked to leave bars aged 23 because I had no ID! Daughter is similar but accepts she is petite.
I think you need a visit to your Gp to tell them how you are feeling as it is not right that this is having such a bad effect on your mental health. Hope it will help and I am sorry you are feeling so low about this.
Susan2236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scotney)
This should not be an issue. I looked much younger than my years at this age but was fine with it apart from being asked to leave bars aged 23 because I had no ID! Daughter is similar but accepts she is petite.
I think you need a visit to your Gp to tell them how you are feeling as it is not right that this is having such a bad effect on your mental health. Hope it will help and I am sorry you are feeling so low about this.
Thankyou, it means a lot. Visiting my GP is definitely something I know I should do, it’s just I wouldn’t know where to begin to explain it.
Susan2236
Rep:
?
(Original post by ikramit)
I've had the opposite problem in that I get mistaken for older than I actually am all the time and get treated accordingly. Growing up I was always held more responsible than others in my class; even though I was actually the youngest majority of the time. This also extends to the jobs I've had; expectations and performance metrics have been measured differently for me than others who were also my age and have had the same level of experience. Now my appearance is certainly not the only factor in all of this but it does contribute. So there are times where I wish I looked younger so people would cut me a little bit more slack but that's just human nature the grass is always greener on the other side.

Your issues with weight can be proactively tackled and you can also work on increasing the size of certain aspects of ur body through training as well. If your conscious of ur forehead certain hairstyles can de-emphasize that too. But at the end of the day if u spend ur time worrying what other people think and trying to conform to that u leave very little room for who you are as a person to develop and u deserve better than that .
Yeah see I don’t even think I’d mind being mistaken for being older than I am , but I guess it depends on you as a person. Thankyou for the advice, i appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%