Feeling Sick Everytime I Eat In Public Or Around People Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m only in my teens and any time I eat or drink in public I immediately feel sick and start having a panic attack as my heart starts to increase a lot and I start shaking and go pale. I’m currently in High School and i always get sent to the medical and go home but I don’t want this to happen anymore! Does anyone experience this and knows how to stop it.. I can’t afford therapy and I’m to scared to speak up about it and go doctors..
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where do you live OP?
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m only in my teens and any time I eat or drink in public I immediately feel sick and start having a panic attack as my heart starts to increase a lot and I start shaking and go pale. I’m currently in High School and i always get sent to the medical and go home but I don’t want this to happen anymore! Does anyone experience this and knows how to stop it.. I can’t afford therapy and I’m to scared to speak up about it and go doctors..
Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with eating publicly. Have you tried talking to a family member or friend? Don't feel pressurised to eat and drink out and about; you can retain a diet by just eating effectively at home with a balanced diet. Perhaps, try to eat small snacks when you're out if you feel comfortable doing this. Go to a green area and try relax on your own (if you like to do this) and have something to eat on. Even if it's half an apple, that's great!

I hope you're doing okay, please don't feel apprehensive talking to a doctor. They may just suggest you joining a support group rather than a therapist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%