The Student Room Group

Who can go through clearing

I firmed my uni choice for Medical Pharmacology for 2020 (gap year) however I now want to change my course. The thing is, I want to change it to something completely science unrelated like Business Management. My a levels are in biology, chemistry and psychology.
I’ll know my results next week. To go through clearing do you have to miss your uni grades? Or can you choose to do it even if you make it into the uni that you firmed?
Reply 1
You can choose to decline your place in Track and go into Clearing. This option only appears if you're holding an unconditional offer.
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
You can choose to decline your place in Track and go into Clearing. This option only appears if you're holding an unconditional offer.

I have a conditional offer. Does this mean there’s no way to go into clearing unless I miss my grades?
Reply 3
Original post by 000jn
I have a conditional offer. Does this mean there’s no way to go into clearing unless I miss my grades?

On results day, if you meet your offer, it changes from conditional to unconditional. Then you can decline your place.
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
On results day, if you meet your offer, it changes from conditional to unconditional. Then you can decline your place.

Okay thank you so much!!!
Reply 5
Original post by 000jn
Okay thank you so much!!!

Np. You may be able to drop your place sooner by emailing your firm and insurance
Hi @000jn

Have you considered asking your Firm and Insurance unis to switch to something Business related? Since you have offers which could well turn unconditional on Thursday, it might be better to think about staying with your uni of choice, at least? If that's what you want to do, give them a call over the next few days. You could well wake up on Thursday morning with a Track update to say you're home and dry for Business at Uni X in 2020.

If you still want to hunt for a course elsewhere, do your research over the next few days. If you're determined to leave your Firm/Insurance on the 15th, there will be an option in Track for you to self-release into Clearing. You will then get a Clearing number in order to negotiate your favoured place elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending