Brother getting bullied Watch

Riddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My brother is 14 and says 4 boys in his year keep walking behind him and taking the mick, he answered back a few weeks ago and one of them punched him in the eye while the others were laughing, ever since they have followed him and keep touching him, basically won't leave him alone. It all started weeks ago when he was arguing with one of them about the lyrics of a song or something. He won't tell his tutor as he says its too embarrasing, he's got one best friend but he just stands by and watches, to be honest he is weedy so I can understand why he's scared but what can I do about my brother? He won't let me speak to them or the teachers and if I were in his position I wouldn't want that either.
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just persuade him to do the right thing.
Delicious Dark Appeal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is there anyway you or your parents can speak to his tutor on his behalf?
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Riddy)
My brother is 14 and says 4 boys in his year keep walking behind him and taking the mick, he answered back a few weeks ago and one of them punched him in the eye while the others were laughing, ever since they have followed him and keep touching him, basically won't leave him alone. It all started weeks ago when he was arguing with one of them about the lyrics of a song or something. He won't tell his tutor as he says its too embarrasing, he's got one best friend but he just stands by and watches, to be honest he is weedy so I can understand why he's scared but what can I do about my brother? He won't let me speak to them or the teachers and if I were in his position I wouldn't want that either.
Go to the house of the boy who punched him and threaten to come back with friends next time.
Juggy123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well ill give you the options, as hes being abused you should step in as lifes lessons have already gone too far,
Go up to the head teacher state the problem and say youll intervene if it gets out of hand and by then head teacher will take it serious enough and make sure it doesnt happen agen
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
rarrr to bullies.
you could try and talk to the school or your parents, or pursuade you brother to talk to someone, its easy to say quite but its better to speak up and stop the bullies, in my opinion.
i hope things get better for you brother
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd beat the crap out of them tbh. There's no honour in fights, always a gang or an unfair comparison between two people etc.
Coco.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think (do not know) the best thing to do with bullies is to ignore them. They will eventually tire of it, or humiliate themselves.

Although it is tempting, I wouldn't get involved with them yourself because it will probably backfire. I hope it stops soon bullying is abhorrent.
coolworld37
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Teachers do **** all these days.

I would go up to them with some friends and tell them to back off.

Or you could speak to their parents.
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate these kind of bullying scenarios, watching them on TV/youtube make me sick. There are only two ways of doing it(in my opinion), which is to take ''legal'' action by telling his teachers etc but that apparently is NOT effective and the teachers can't do much, instead the boys might do something even worse to your brother as a form of revenge. I'd suggest(though shouldn't)get some older boys(thugs or that sort)to threaten those few boys or something to back them off. Some people might say this sounds foolish and wouldn't work but my brother was, OK, he WAS, a problematic student(if you get what i mean) and it really worked. The best way to solve problems involving problematic students is to get other problematic students to help. That's the only and the best way in my opinion.

Ask your brother to get rid of his so called '' best friend'', he's of no use and what's the point of keeping a friend who wouldn't help when he's in trouble.
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah pretty much. Your brother needs to stand up for himself... (and hopefully not be killed as consequence, how bad are these kids?)
Democritus
Report 11 years ago
Smack the ring leader in the mouth.
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you have the heart to see him endure this sort of misery? Do the right thing by reporting this matter to the relevant authorities.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Coco.)
I think (do not know) the best thing to do with bullies is to ignore them. They will eventually tire of it, or humiliate themselves.

Although it is tempting, I wouldn't get involved with them yourself because it will probably backfire. I hope it stops soon bullying is abhorrent.
Bullies never get bored of attempting to rile someone up. You might hide it, but they know it's getting to you.
It's also pretty damn hard to ignore a fist to the face >_>
~Adel~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Go to the house of the boy who punched him and threaten to come back with friends next time.
DITTO!!
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Definitely threaten, telling a teacher is the wrong thing to do, it'll just make the bullying worse.
01rorlin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Democritus)
Smack the ring leader in the mouth.
This is the only course of action to be taken. You'd be a **** big brother if you can't see off a few bullies for your yonger brother.
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My brothers the same age and if this was happening I would personally go with three of my mates, all of whom are well over 6ft and have a quiet word. If it happened again I would smack the ringleader in the mouth and be done with it.

EDIT: having said that, if they had actually hit him I would probably just go and smack the guy anyway.
coolworld37
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The quicker you sort it, the better for your brother.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What's the difference between threatening and telling the teacher..? They'll both have negative consequences, especially if the other person has a stoner jail brother.

Being embarrased is stupid in these situations, throw away the pride already. Do everything to defend yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads