Brother getting bullied Watch

Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's silly logic.

Yes. Reporting to teachers show that they are scared. Reporting to your brother shows that they aren't scared?

FFS. The bullies know that the guy is scared of them, that's why he's in the position in the first place. Getting them expelled on the other hand doesn't seem so fun anymore.

Honestly. Reporting to teachers, you speaking to them and him standing up for himself is the best method to get the bullies to lay off.
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would suggest giving the bullies "a good seeing too", but that kinda of thing can end very decent people up in prison, especially these days.

Go to the head teacher and threaten to take the situation to the local paper or to the police. The last thing the school wants is a bad reputation. The bullies will back off at school, but there may be problems outside of school. If you don't want to risk that, get him to ignore them until and unless it gets really nasty.
OiaB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, i'd feel obliged to take a big horde of my friends after those that are picking on him.

but the right thing to do is tell someone in a better position of power.

at my school bullying = expulsion. especially with violence. supposedly anyway.
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
I would suggest giving the bullies "a good seeing too", but that kinda of thing can end very decent people up in prison, especially these days.

Go to the head teacher and threaten to take the situation to the local paper or to the police. The last thing the school wants is a bad reputation. The bullies will back off at school, but there may be problems outside of school. If you don't want to risk that, get him to ignore them until and unless it gets really nasty.
I love this! Let the teachers take the necessary steps.
thatholliegirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Teachers rarely do anything about bullying so it's pointless going to school and telling them. It'll end up making the situation worse.
When I was getting picked on by a group of girls in my year, my big sister went up to the ringleader, grabbed her by the front of her jumper and said if she ever came near me again she'd smash a bottle in her face.
They haven't so much as looked at me since
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Riddy)
Are there any mature ways of dealing with this? Im not threatening or hitting a 14 year old no matter how bad a brother that makes me.
You're a fanny mate, a real brother would have kicked six shades of blue out of them already. Stop qualifying your weakness.

Teachers won't help, been there done that, etc. The only thing that ever worked was making them see red, the colour of their own blood. Although if teachers do actually help (i.e. explusion for bullying) then it's worth doing that before resorting to violence. Either way, a quick word never hurt anybody.
thisismyhandle
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Democritus)
Smack the ring leader in the mouth.
Just make sure the kid doesnt have a 'BIGGER' brother :p:
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gah I just pressed the back button and lost a big post. Dammit!

Essentially... reporting it to a teacher can be a good thing, if it's the right teacher. One who says to the bullies "bullying is not very nice, and you're making _____ upset" is obviously going to have no effect. But one who points out that violence outside of school means the police have to get involved can scare them and they'll stop.

Is it on the walk home? Can he walk a different route for a few weeks? In year 8, a girl followed me home from school for a week, threatening to "smack me up", for no apparent reason. I changed my route home slightly for a couple of weeks, and when I went back to my old route, she had got bored
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by curiouslyorange1989)
they dont fear your bro that is the prob. A stiff lesson with the back of your hand should sort them out. Make them fear him my proxy...
Yeh that'll sort them out .... as well as earning you a permanent criminal record which could hamper your ability to travel and work in other countries should you ever feel the desire to, not to mention a court case for physical assault on a child leading to a hefty fine at the least.

Jesus, do people actually think before they give advice?

I could recommend dropping a small bomb on the guys house but its not going to solve the problem rationally. Go and talk to the school, and get the bullies suspended. Situations like this can only be dealt with by being calm and civil. If your brother decides to punch them, then thats fair enough, but nobody else should even go there.
Levid1992
Report 11 years ago
If i was you i would have a fight with all 3 of them, and if they carry on keep fighting them. Its your brother you cant stand by and watch him get hurt.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RosiePosiePuddingAndPie)
Essentially... reporting it to a teacher can be a good thing, if it's the right teacher. One who says to the bullies "bullying is not very nice, and you're making _____ upset" is obviously going to have no effect.
Why do teachers do that? >_<

Seriously they should be smart enough to realise that it'll most likely have no effect. They're essentially turning a blind eye.
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would deal with it myself. Don't hit them (no need for that- and could get you in more trouble) just get one of them, hold him up against a wall or something or to the ground and just make sure they never touch your brother again. All this is assuming you're not some weedy/ weak guy yourself.

I used to deal with bullies when I would see it when I was at school, even got congratulated by my head of year for doing exactly what I described above. Just can't stand to see a group of idiots picking on someone simply cause they're weaker.
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sdt)
You're a fanny mate, a real brother would have kicked six shades of blue out of them already. Stop qualifying your weakness.
and what would this real brother do when pulled up by the police, kick blue out of them too?
shimmyjimmy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Go to the house of the boy who punched him and threaten to come back with friends next time.
That is exactly what you need to do.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shimmyjimmy)
That is exactly what you need to do.
Then the guy will tell his parents that he's being threatened and they will go to the school and report the fact, blaming it on the little brother. Then they'll get a temporary restraining order. :p:
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What they need to do is get a brick and throw it against their window

"I know what you've been up to at school"
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He has to confront to the teachers, parents. He has to look at the benefits of the long term consequences.
shimmyjimmy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
Then the guy will tell his parents that he's being threatened and they will go to the school and report the fact, blaming it on the little brother. Then they'll get a temporary restraining order. :p:
No mate. If you only threaten to do something IF they don't stop, they are hardly like to grass you up, particularly when they are in the wrong in the first place.
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tombola)
Why do teachers do that? >_<

Seriously they should be smart enough to realise that it'll most likely have no effect. They're essentially turning a blind eye.
I know, it's awful! That's the reason why people use violence against violence with bullies, because some teachers are really insensitive about it, so people don't trust them to deal with it properly.

Also, OP, I forgot to mention before, I really do feel for you. When my little brother was in year 7, he came home from school one day and went straight upstairs, which he never did, so I went up to see if he was ok, and found him in the bathroom trying to wash mud off his face while crying to himself. It broke my heart, it really did. Turned out a nasty little **** had been bullying him for weeks, and that day had pushed him down a muddy bank. We reported it to the school though and they dealt with it pretty well. Bullying sickens me though, it really does.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So what happens if they continue because they aren't afraid anyway?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads