Brother getting bullied Watch

Franc Vouloir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If the ringleader is middle class, with the sort of parents that would strongly disapprove of his actions, make a visit to his house, explain the situation & severely embarrass him. If he isn't, **** up his ****.
sdt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous,)
and what would this real brother do when pulled up by the police, kick blue out of them too?
"Bullies" don't call the police, FACT.

There are multiple ways to handle this situation but the OP is doing sweet feck all. Hence, the OP is a fanny.

"Hmm, my brother is being bullied, let me make a thread on TSR about it"

:rolleyes:

Of course, it's a start.
Tombola
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Seriously sdt.

Have you actually employed the advice you give?
Been involved in situations with some form of fighting/bullying?
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sdt)
"Bullies" don't call the police, FACT.
People who are physically assaulted do call the police. Thats a fact.

And besides if he didn't, his parents would call them and say their son had been attacked and as the son is under the age of 18, the parents would be able to press charges.
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is it wrong to ask for opinions on how to handle a somewhat delicate situation like this? I believe the OP wants the best of solutions that will bring his brother out of trouble but with minimal side effects.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Like all environments.

There's being submissive, assertive and agressive. It's totally wrong to ask people to be deal with it via agression since it's more likely to make it worse. It's also not a good idea to just leave it alone and hope it goes away because that's just being submissive and bullies prey on the submissive.

Being assertive is the key.
giggler
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Riddy)
My brother is 14 and says 4 boys in his year keep walking behind him and taking the mick, he answered back a few weeks ago and one of them punched him in the eye while the others were laughing, ever since they have followed him and keep touching him, basically won't leave him alone. It all started weeks ago when he was arguing with one of them about the lyrics of a song or something. He won't tell his tutor as he says its too embarrasing, he's got one best friend but he just stands by and watches, to be honest he is weedy so I can understand why he's scared but what can I do about my brother? He won't let me speak to them or the teachers and if I were in his position I wouldn't want that either.
Why are U asking others for help. Just follow him from school without his knowledge. When you see the boys run up to them and let then know directly thats this is not on, issue them with a warning. If it happens again your in your right to do what you must.
Oh and if you meet the guy who punched your brother in the eye return the favor. I guarantee you he wont touch your brother again.

(Original post by Tombola)
Like all environments.

There's being submissive, assertive and agressive. It's totally wrong to ask people to be deal with it via agression since it's more likely to make it worse. It's also not a good idea to just leave it alone and hope it goes away because that's just being submissive and bullies prey on the submissive.

Being assertive is the key.
There is a fine line between agression and being assertive, in todays school world the two go hand in hand.
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. There is a fine line.

It's always been a fine line, no matter what environment. They are however seperate.
Age_of_Innocence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I doubt telling the teachers would do much, though it depends greatly on the school. The same goes for the bullies parents, if they're middle class types like Franc Vouloir mentioned going to them might be a good option.
Otherwise, get a bunch of your friends and find these bullies, then give them a strong verbal or physical warning. If it still persists, and telling the teachers does nothing, give them an almighty thrashing. One thing not to do is to ignore it, that solves absolutely nothing and is useless advice.
giggler
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tombola)
Yes. There is a fine line.

It's always been a fine line, no matter what environment. They are however seperate.
Well thats debatable. Sometimes fighting back or standing up for yourself or others requires force, or submission. One or the other.

(Original post by Age_of_Innocence)
I doubt telling the teachers would do much, though it depends greatly on the school. The same goes for the bullies parents, if they're middle class types like Franc Vouloir mentioned going to them might be a good option.
Otherwise, get a bunch of your friends and find these bullies, then give them a strong verbal or physical warning. If it still persists, and telling the teachers does nothing, give them an almighty thrashing. One thing not to do is to ignore it, that solves absolutely nothing and is useless advice.
EAXCTLY
TheLandOfNorwegia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Riddy)
My brother is 14 and says 4 boys in his year keep walking behind him and taking the mick, he answered back a few weeks ago and one of them punched him in the eye while the others were laughing, ever since they have followed him and keep touching him, basically won't leave him alone. It all started weeks ago when he was arguing with one of them about the lyrics of a song or something. He won't tell his tutor as he says its too embarrasing, he's got one best friend but he just stands by and watches, to be honest he is weedy so I can understand why he's scared but what can I do about my brother? He won't let me speak to them or the teachers and if I were in his position I wouldn't want that either.

First off get him to talk to the tutor.

When my brother faced this situation, he told his tutor and nothing happened. I nearly kicked the living day lights out of the kid that continued to bully him. Luckily I managed to keep calm, managed to get hold of the kid one lunch time and politely inform him that of he persisted I would have to remove two front teeth with a bony structure on the end of my arm. He soon stopped.
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Though it sounds crass, I do think either threatening or beating up the bullies has a psychological impact. The problem is then that it has the potential to escalate (and they will obviously take it out on your little brother).

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to stomach telling my brother to ignore them and know it's still going on.

The opposite happened to me a while back. Found out my brother (14 at the time) was bullying a guy with autism (horrible isn't it). I saw him one weekend at it (the usual bully ****e) and went over to him and beat him absolutely ****less in front of his friends.

He actually thanked me for teaching him a lesson the week after.
pork products
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you hit them they could do you with assault so dont!
daytona01
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
one possible way, assuming your old/built enough to make an impression, would be to be around your brother 'by coincidence' and to approach him when the bullying occurs. If all goes well, the bullies will think, 'well ok he hasn't just gone and told his bro because they kinda randomly met, but this may not be the type of person i want to mess with now'...

Kinda like interrupting the situation but making it look accidental.

If that isn't feasbile, or you dont think it will work then just listen to the others here.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how old are they? just threaten the kid. i mean my brother used to get bullied i found the kid walking home (on his own) and i grabbed him by his ear and told him that if he ever even looked at my brother in the wrong way again then i would punch him until he was black and blue and then throw him into the river calder. it seemed to work since nothing else happened after that.
Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I suggest you put an end to this and slaughter them(that was an exaggeration), he's your younger brother and he needs protection and that's you. Just go to his school and tell the headteacher or threaten them. Unless you want to see your brother getting hurt, you should do something about it. He will thank you later.
thedevilisback
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is what you do. Follow them home after school, in a car (if you have one), with 2-3 of your friends. Make them aware your following them, then stop the car abruptly in front of them and get out. Take out a baseball bat or any sort of weapon and ask for the ring leader. Give him a graphic verbal warning and tell him if it happens again you'll be back to break his legs. Then tell them to ******** off, and keep following them until they get near to their houses. That should scare the **** out of them.
m i l o
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do the best thing: tell someone. I know it can be embarrassing for the victim to report it but that's the only way something can be done about it. Also, make sure your brother knows that he has someone that will stand up to the bullies if things get out of hand again so make yourself known to your bro.
curiouslyorange1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
Yeh that'll sort them out .... as well as earning you a permanent criminal record which could hamper your ability to travel and work in other countries should you ever feel the desire to, not to mention a court case for physical assault on a child leading to a hefty fine at the least.

Jesus, do people actually think before they give advice?

I could recommend dropping a small bomb on the guys house but its not going to solve the problem rationally. Go and talk to the school, and get the bullies suspended. Situations like this can only be dealt with by being calm and civil. If your brother decides to punch them, then thats fair enough, but nobody else should even go there.
bull man, act within the law, threaten them severely, on one occasion, and maybe a quick clip, no marks or whatever. If the bullying continues then you have to consider going to the authorities. you still have to show your not weak. If this happened at my school and you grassed for being "bullied" you would just get worse abuse. If you threatened to kill the kid, and people beleived you could "figurativly" then there is no shame in grassing because you obv have more to live for than a small time vendetta. If your a good lad with no prior issues then you will get away with a couple of scraps easy!
curiouslyorange1989
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
People who are physically assaulted do call the police. Thats a fact.

And besides if he didn't, his parents would call them and say their son had been attacked and as the son is under the age of 18, the parents would be able to press charges.
first off depends how bad you smack them doesnt it? depends how you do it an such. If you just rag him onto the floor and step on his chest or whatever to further enforce your point they arnt going to grass. If you give him a black eye or put him in hospital or whatever of course hes going to grass.

this isnt about revenge its about prevention. Peace is best enforced with a knife (again figurativly)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads