Help! I haven't booked my student accommodation... Am I too late? Watch

Abdi1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So... I haven't met the entry requirements for my first university of choice, which means I have to with my insurance choice (which is Nottingham Trent). The trouble is I haven't booked any student accommodation, and on the NTU student accommodation website it says that the only way I could book accommodation is by having a NTU login and password.

... Here is the problem, I can only get a NTU password if it was my first choice on the UCAS track, and like I said earlier its my insurance choice. What do I do? I need to move out by September 4th out of my current property.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Abdi1994)
So... I haven't met the entry requirements for my first university of choice, which means I have to with my insurance choice (which is Nottingham Trent). The trouble is I haven't booked any student accommodation, and on the NTU student accommodation website it says that the only way I could book accommodation is by having a NTU login and password.

... Here is the problem, I can only get a NTU password if it was my first choice on the UCAS track, and like I said earlier its my insurance choice. What do I do? I need to move out by September 4th out of my current property.
Have your first choice said that they ll be rejecting you yet? Finding private accomodation in under a month is doable.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Abdi1994)

It sounds like you're not guaranteed accommodation at Trent because you didn't Firm them, but nevertheless it is definitely worth phoning their accommodation office to discuss your options (if you have been declined by your Firm choice uni so you are definitely going there). After all, not everyone who Firmed them will have got in, so they will have spaces becoming available after A level results day on Thursday. Make sure you phone them early in the week - preferably on Monday before it gets too busy.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Last edited by Mustafa0605; 1 week ago
readingpotatonew
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
NO!
ive put NTU as my firm and i still wasnt guaranteed accommodation i had to find it through another company - studentroost
but theres still some available especially if people like me who put is as their firm and dont get in, our booked accommodation will become available to you

check back on results day there will be a lot then!!
Temss_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Hi
I have student accommodation close to NTU called Radford Mill. There’s a possibility I might change Univeristy after results day (Thursday). If you want, can you please send me your number and I will let you know if I won’t need the accommodation anymore so you could replace me. Thanks
Is it still available?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mustafa0605
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Temss_)
Is it still available?
It’s not available anymore sorry
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%