vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'm sure questions like this one have been asked a million times, but I really just want to make sure the answer applies to my situation as well.

This year I've taken all the AS and A2 exams for English Literature and Politics.

On results day, if I want to retake modules, can I decline both my AS and A2 (or just my A2 if my AS grades are okay) grade and put my grades as pending?

If so, I'll be taking all the resits in January 2009. Would I put that date on my UCAS form, or would I still put June 2008?

Will the declining process happen on results day or another time?

I ask because it's likely I'll have gotten a B in English because of one or two exams, but I'm applying to universities next year where I'll need an A. Thanks!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can't decline grades any more

:juno:
I Wanna Be Adored
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Now listen here Juno! I really liked the film, don't get me wrong- it was ace. But ever since you became the bearer of bad news, well I feel as though our relationship has began to crumble, why don't we just call it a day?

I thought if you got a U, it was automatically declined?
vixky!
Rep:
?
(Original post by I Wanna Be Adored)
Now listen here Juno! I really liked the film, don't get me wrong- it was ace. But ever since you became the bearer of bad news, well I feel as though our relationship has began to crumble, why don't we just call it a day?

dang brother...
tvqueen1905
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
You can't decline grades any more

why?
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tvqueen1905)
why?
Because I said so, and what I say goes

The exam boards changed the rules this year. Now, if you want to resit an AS unit you don't decline the AS grade. So it's better for some people, but worse for others.

_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)

The exam boards changed the rules this year. Now, if you want to resit an AS unit you don't decline the AS grade. So it's better for some people, but worse for others.

So this way you can resit AS exams in your second year, but you can't resit A2 exams the following year?
tvqueen1905
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)

a bit unfair
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by I Wanna Be Adored)

no, because some courses say you can have a U, don't they
vixky!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)

I rather like your little parrot thing.

Sooo, I have to put my AS grade on my UCAS app, even if I'm taking resits?
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know about your schools, but ours keeps all the grades as pending till we have done all the resits we want to do, including a2 then sends them off.
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vixky!)
I rather like your little parrot thing.

Sooo, I have to put my AS grade on my UCAS app, even if I'm taking resits?
If your AS grades are cashed in (and they probably will be), then you need to put them on your UCAS form. However, you can ask your teacher to mention you're doing resits in your reference.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads