The Student Room Group

Ideas please!

So I’ve got to do a summer project for my illustration course at Uni. (I’m going into my second year) The project is on sustainability and to me it feels like such a boring topic, like the kinda thing you’d do in year 9 humanities lol. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any concepts or ideas that could make it more interesting or could contribute to the series of images I have to make. Thanks!
Original post by Sadie3500
So I’ve got to do a summer project for my illustration course at Uni. (I’m going into my second year) The project is on sustainability and to me it feels like such a boring topic, like the kinda thing you’d do in year 9 humanities lol. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any concepts or ideas that could make it more interesting or could contribute to the series of images I have to make. Thanks!

ThIs SeRiEs ShOuLd HeLp:

SoRrY aBoUt ThE cApS bUt My Pc Is GlItChInG
Original post by Anonymous
ThIs SeRiEs ShOuLd HeLp:

SoRrY aBoUt ThE cApS bUt My Pc Is GlItChInG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005xgz/war-on-plastic-with-hugh-and-anita-series-1-episode-1
Reply 3
Honestly thought you were doing the mocking spongebob thing 😂 but thanks! I’ll look into it x
Sustainability can be a really broad topic. Obviously, the main focus is on not over exploiting resources/not generating too much waste, but that can be anything from food to fast fashion to how we furnish our homes to how many children we have. And you can arguably stretch the topic to include all sorts of ideas like not exploiting workers, not chopping down rainforests, the way people's diets are changing?

Surely there's something you can find interesting within that? It doesn't all have to be plastic straws :wink:

Something I'd potentially find interesting to explore is e.g. how people go vegan to be more sustainable, but some of the substitutes they eat e.g. agave are not sustainable in themselves.
Reply 5
This is 100% a more interesting way to look at it thanks. Does sound stupid but yeah I immediately thought of the whole plastic straw stuff. Obviously it’s incredibly important but just having to write about it and that is boring!
Original post by Sadie3500
This is 100% a more interesting way to look at it thanks. Does sound stupid but yeah I immediately thought of the whole plastic straw stuff. Obviously it’s incredibly important but just having to write about it and that is boring!

No worries, I'm glad I could help.

I reckon a lot of people will go for plastic straws and that type of thing, so if you look at it from another angle, I'm sure everyone will appreciate that!

Good luck, and if you want to talk through any ideas then feel free to drop me a PM :h:

Quick Reply

Latest