Cancel insurance before they do Watch

Candidod
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all
Just would like some opinions or experiences people has had before.
Basically i set up a comprehensive insurance with broker called Cover Car group, later on in a week i received a letter saying my insurance would be cancel in 7 days due to misleading information. They said i had a claim open on my previously insurance ( i wasn't aware there was a claim as i sorted out everything with the driver on the day ).
So i got on the phone to complete car group and decided to cancel the insurance before they do.
So i am now insured with different company however i explain this to them and i had no evidences to proove the above so they had to put down as i had a previously cancelled insurance.
This morning i called Complete car group and they confirmed the policy was cancelled by me and not by them and they sent me an email as evidence.

Now where i stand? Should i call my current brooker and change my current policy to ( never had cancelled insurance before) ? If i do that the actual company can turn around and cancel as i gave wrong information to them as they will make less money as my premium more likely to go down with this information.

Has anyone been in this situation before?
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Candidod)
Hi all
Basically i set up a comprehensive insurance with broker called Cover Car group, later on in a week i received a letter saying my insurance would be cancel in 7 days due to misleading information. They said i had a claim open on my previously insurance ( i wasn't aware there was a claim as i sorted out everything with the driver on the day ).
So i got on the phone to complete car group and decided to cancel the insurance before they do.
So i am now insured with different company however i explain this to them and i had no evidences to proove the above so they had to put down as i had a previously cancelled insurance.
This morning i called Complete car group and they confirmed the policy was cancelled by me and not by them and they sent me an email as evidence.

Now where i stand? Should i call my current brooker and change my current policy to ( never had cancelled insurance before) ? If i do that the actual company can turn around and cancel as i gave wrong information to them as they will make less money as my premium more likely to go down with this information.

You can cancel before them, meaning you would never have had a cancellation against you.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Candidod)
Hi all

It's all a big grey area.

I'd try sending the email across, but if it doesn't work, tough cookies.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
You can cancel before them, meaning you would never have had a cancellation against you.
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
17.53%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (29)
14.95%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (41)
21.13%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (71)
36.6%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (8)
4.12%
No particular grades needed (11)
5.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise