Lymecycline experience? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been prescribed these antibiotics for 3 months for hormonal acne. The thought of antibiotics really scares me to be honest, and I don’t know much about this particular medication. If anyone is able to share their experience, that would be really helpful
Ruzanna
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If antibiotics are prescribed, then you need to drink them. Then, when you finish drinking them, you can buy a drug that removes antibiotics from the body. Do not worry everything will be fine!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been prescribed these antibiotics for 3 months for hormonal acne. The thought of antibiotics really scares me to be honest, and I don’t know much about this particular medication. If anyone is able to share their experience, that would be really helpful
a) they're 100% safe b) they are 100% ineffective and will contribute to the world's next pandemic of antibiotic resistance.

don't even bother taking them or any antiobiotic for acne which will work for 5 mins until your bacteria have become resistant to the antibiotics. if you are female try dianette, or if severe look into roaccutane which is the nuclear option
Anonymous #1
bump
Ruzanna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It seems to me that you need to follow the doctor’s instructions, he knows more about diseases than your knowledge that you take from the Internet. You can make a mistake and harm a person with your advice. Doctors have a lot of practice, and their knowledge is more than your read texts on the Internet.
sachinihimara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lymecycline worked for me, The first 2 weeks I was convinced it was getting worse but then the existing acne healed and went down leaving just the redness and stuff. I have to say my skin got worse within a few weeks of stopping but over time my skin has gotten better naturally, lymecycline just tied me through the worst few week every now and then.

p.s. also ignore the anti medication drivel and make your own mind up
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sachinihimara)
Lymecycline worked for me, The first 2 weeks I was convinced it was getting worse but then the existing acne healed and went down leaving just the redness and stuff. I have to say my skin got worse within a few weeks of stopping but over time my skin has gotten better naturally, lymecycline just tied me through the worst few week every now and then.

p.s. also ignore the anti medication drivel and make your own mind up
"I have to say my skin got worse within a few weeks of stopping" and that wasn't because you stopped necessarily, it was because you became/were due to become resistant to the antibiotics after a few weeks...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ruzanna)
It seems to me that you need to follow the doctor’s instructions, he knows more about diseases than your knowledge that you take from the Internet. You can make a mistake and harm a person with your advice. Doctors have a lot of practice, and their knowledge is more than your read texts on the Internet.
Hi! I’m taking the tablets for acne, not for a disease, and the doctor was actually very difficult to speak to, I even said that I didn’t want to go on antibiotics particularly and they prescribed me them anyway. I haven’t been told anything about the medication or it’s side effects
Ruzanna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When the deterioration started, it was the action of the antibiotic, it should have been so, and then everything goes away.
Mabey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I honestly don't think it is worth it, unless the acne really bothers you. I took it myself, and I did see improvement, but I don't think it it worth the trouble.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mabey)
I honestly don't think it is worth it, unless the acne really bothers you. I took it myself, and I did see improvement, but I don't think it it worth the trouble.
I don’t really know what else to do then :/
Anonymous #1
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%