Re applying for a different uni outside of london.. Watch

LeoMessi10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In 2016 I done a distance learning creative writing degree course at OCA but I realised it wasn't for me(told the uni) and I only done a few modules I didnt do the course for long at all maybe like 5 months. I checked my email and in total I owe £1,195 now I want to apply for a different course outside of london at Southampton university but will student finance let me? I didnt get a maintenance loan because I was still living at home with my parents before. Would i be able to get tuition fee + maintenance loan? Because i won't be able to self fund it and I'm worried I would struggle.
Last edited by LeoMessi10; 1 week ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeoMessi10)
A few years ago I done a distance learning creative writing degree course at OCA but I realised it wasn't for me(told the uni) and I only done a few modules I didnt do the course for long at all maybe like 2 months. Now I want to apply for a different course outside of london at Southampton university but will student finance let me? I didnt get a maintenance loan because I was still living at home with my parents before. Would i be able to get tuition fee + maintenance loan? Because i won't be able to self fund it and I'm worried I would struggle.
if it was just two months then yes you should have enough funding left.
LeoMessi10
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
if it was just two months then yes you should have enough funding left.
Hi thanks for the reply! I've just check my student finance emails and I done 5 months in 2016 and owe £1,195. Do you think I'll be able to still get a tuition loan and a maintenance loan?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi thanks for the reply! I've just check my student finance emails and I done 5 months in 2016 and owe £1,195. Do you think I'll be able to still get a tuition loan and a maintenance loan?
if you owe it exactly and weren't overpaid at all then yes.
LeoMessi10
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
if you owe it exactly and weren't overpaid at all then yes.
Thank you, I read online that maintenance loans are paid every 3 months so say if I recieved £3,000 would that be for the whole year and have to be divided between those every 3 months or would it be £3,000 each time every 3 months which would be £9,000 total each year?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you, I read online that maintenance loans are paid every 3 months so say if I recieved £3,000 would that be for the whole year and have to be divided between those every 3 months or would it be £3,000 each time every 3 months which would be £9,000 total each year?
whatever you're entitled to it's 3 payments a year but it's not exact three month gaps and it works out as 33% of it as payment 1 and payment 2 then the other 34% is payment 3.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%