Is it normal to have hair everywhere as a girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Basically, I was diagnosed with PCOS around 2 years ago and I hace hair literally everywhere a girl normally doesn’t (light hair on stomach and back, my butt and some on my chest but it’s so light, you can’t really see it on my chest)
I have started waxing my legs and arms and the hair has come back a lot thinner which is good but I shave my stomach and lower back... is that a good idea?
I know PCOS can cause excessive hair but my mom who doesn’t have PCOS is in a similar position so I’m wondering whether it’s actually genetic?
chester69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, I was diagnosed with PCOS around 2 years ago and I hace hair literally everywhere a girl normally doesn’t (light hair on stomach and back, my butt and some on my chest but it’s so light, you can’t really see it on my chest)
I have started waxing my legs and arms and the hair has come back a lot thinner which is good but I shave my stomach and lower back... is that a good idea?
I know PCOS can cause excessive hair but my mom who doesn’t have PCOS is in a similar position so I’m wondering whether it’s actually genetic?
If your hairy it doesn't matter that much just shave all over
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
I thought everyone has hair except on the palms of their hands and bottom of feet. I'm quite a hairy girl to be honest.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is pretty normal, tbh.
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very normal, it just seems to be some girls like to shave it all off. You don’t have to of course!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%