KerryT30
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Id really appreciate your views on my latest application for student finance, I'm not sure what the rules are with there being a gap between studying...

2004/2005 - First year Northampton Uni - passed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2005/2006 - Second year Northampton Uni - failed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2017/2018 - 2x 30 point second year course with Open Uni - failed (loan for fees)

2018/2019 - 60 point second year course with Open Uni - passed (loan for fees)

I have applied for finance this year to cover the fees to redo the two 30 point courses I failed. I thought you were given one extra year but as I already failed the 2nd year at Northampton have I already used my 'gift' year?

Not sure if its relevant but I have been repaying the loans from 2004-2006 since 2006 but there is still some outstanding.

Thanks
Kerry
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KerryT30)
Hi,

Id really appreciate your views on my latest application for student finance, I'm not sure what the rules are with there being a gap between studying...

2004/2005 - First year Northampton Uni - passed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2005/2006 - Second year Northampton Uni - failed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2017/2018 - 2x 30 point second year course with Open Uni - failed (loan for fees)

I have applied for finance this year to cover the fees to redo the two 30 point courses I failed. I thought you were given one extra year but as I already failed the 2nd year at Northampton have I already used my 'gift' year?

Not sure if its relevant but I have been repaying the loans from 2004-2006 since 2006 but there is still some outstanding.

Thanks
Kerry
part time funding can have different rules, i think it's best to give sfe a call and check for sure.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks
Kerry
Hi Kerry,

You can receive a maximum of 16 years part time study funding so it will not matter that you have already used your gift year.

Thanks, Ashley.
KerryT30
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi Kerry,

You can receive a maximum of 16 years part time study funding so it will not matter that you have already used your gift year.

Thanks, Ashley.
Hi Ashley,

Thank you very much for your response thats great news.

Kerry
Duncan SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Ashley,

Thank you very much for your response thats great news.

Kerry
You're welcome Kerry.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads