Crash higher physics ?? Watch

olarybaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im going into 6th year and before summer I started nat 5 physics. After getting my exam results I ended up with BBBBC in 5 highers and I need at least 2 A at higher next year to get into uni. I was thinking of crashing higher physics but I definitely need an A. Is this doable if I work hard and maybe get a tutor?? I have never done physics before apart from the month of nat 5. I'm also doing higher maths, advanced higher biology and chemistry.
bsb2392
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Crash Higher Physics is very hard. I am sixth year as well and was considering crashing it, however I spoke to the principal teacher of physics and he said if I am expecting an A in that subject I need to work very hard and have a strong interest in physics (which I don't). there is apparently a lot of stuff that comes from nat 5 therefore you have to have a bit of knowledge from nat 5. if you are very sciency and you are good at maths you can take it, but otherwise I would take something that doesn't require previous knowledge. I took Environmental Science instead of Physics but very few schools do that subject.
AnimatorOfSouls
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by olarybaa)
Im going into 6th year and before summer I started nat 5 physics. After getting my exam results I ended up with BBBBC in 5 highers and I need at least 2 A at higher next year to get into uni. I was thinking of crashing higher physics but I definitely need an A. Is this doable if I work hard and maybe get a tutor?? I have never done physics before apart from the month of nat 5. I'm also doing higher maths, advanced higher biology and chemistry.
I think it's definitely possible to get an A in crash higher physics since you're doing science-y subjects (which I assume you're good at). There is a lot of maths involved, but imo there isn't really much to purely memorise other than what the letters in formulas stand for. I found higher physics a lot harder than biology, but a lot of people feel differently.

Either way, if you decide to take it, good luck!
fucthesqa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m basically crashing higher physics this year as well.
I did it in S4 at Nat 5 level but I got a C as I didn’t put any effort in and I can’t remember anything from then. Physics is quite a hard subject though and as you did not get any As this year you will really have to push yourself to get an A in a subject like physics. If you enjoy science which it seems like it, take it, but it won’t be easy at all.

Oh and also 3 students in my school who are “strong” at physics and expected an A, got a B in higher physics this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (13)
18.84%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (9)
13.04%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (17)
24.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (25)
36.23%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.45%
No particular grades needed (4)
5.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise