The Student Room Group

Failed a third resit attempt

Failed a third resit attempt at Coventry Uni.I have passed the coursework,failed only the exam,passed dissertationWhat happens next do i continue with a lower award or do I have to attend again?
Original post by Jamesthat
Failed a third resit attempt at Coventry Uni.I have passed the coursework,failed only the exam,passed dissertationWhat happens next do i continue with a lower award or do I have to attend again?

I would probably post this in the Coventry University forum if there is one. Then again, you've failed a third resit attempt?
Reply 2
Have you talked to your tutor about this? For my uni if we fail a module we have to resit it. But we can go into the next year as long as we have enough credit in terms of module passes. So I can still move on if i failed one module.
Reply 3
Original post by SubZero~
I would probably post this in the Coventry University forum if there is one. Then again, you've failed a third resit attempt?

Yes it happened,If you have never failed at life,good for you

Original post by aw150
Have you talked to your tutor about this? For my uni if we fail a module we have to resit it. But we can go into the next year as long as we have enough credit in terms of module passes. So I can still move on if i failed one module.

It is one year study only,when I asked them they said,the assessment board ill decide
Yes it happened,If you have never failed at life,good for you

It is one year study only,when I asked them they said,the assessment board ill decide

Cant' recall me saying I've never failed at life. To be specific, I have no knowledge of your University's practices with exams? I know at Loughborough University, if you fail your first resit then your studies are terminated, unless you apply for mitigating circumstances and it gets approved.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/students/handbook/exams/reassessments/ug/
Reply 5
Original post by SubZero~
Cant' recall me saying I've never failed at life. To be specific, I have no knowledge of your University's practices with exams? I know at Loughborough University, if you fail your first resit then your studies are terminated, unless you apply for mitigating circumstances and it gets approved.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/students/handbook/exams/reassessments/ug/

Thanks for the info,I'll have a look,I am sorry I am still in a bad mood,trying to figure out the next steps from here.

You'll need to wait for the decision of the assessment board. No one on TSR can answer you, and speculating may only get your hopes up/down.
Reply 7
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You'll need to wait for the decision of the assessment board. No one on TSR can answer you, and speculating may only get your hopes up/down.

Thanks ,yeah,you are right..
Best bet is to speak to your course tutor or student helpdesk for any further queries or advice.
As already mentioned, it's not something we can help you with, policies are different everywhere.

Hope this helps!
Joshua :smile:
Reply 9
How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest