Flower404
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
for one of my exams i did a question wrong so i wrote on the next page which was a "blank page"
at the end of the question i wrote "continued on next page - blank page no.19" but my brother told me they dont scan that part?
is this true?
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why didn't you inform the examiner so that they can make a special note of it? It is likely that the page will not be scanned UNLESS they noticed it and are kind enough to do so.
edward_wells90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"continued on next page - blank page no.19"

Since you wrote that ^^... Theres a good chance examiner will notice and probably scan that blank page or get access to the real paper..

However, I'm only basing my answer off what I've read on the TSR.
Flower404
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
thanks for your quick reply puts my mind at rest
secretmessages
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think Edexcel usually scan blank pages, or anywhere outside of the 'official' writing space. You should tell your school and see if they can do anything about it, but it might be too late now and you might have to cross your fingers and wait. Chances are the scanner-people will notice and they'll scan that page too, so you should be fine.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It says on the front 'only write in the spaces provided' and your teachers should tell you not to write on blank pages. Next time ask the invigilator for an Additional Answer Sheet and attach it to the paper at the end of the exam.
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All the pages of your answer book are scanned in , even the blank pages (Edexcel) so I wouldn't worry too much about it.It woudn't be a good idea though to include working on blank pages without a note somewhere to say you've answered the question in a different place on the paper.

I'm talking about my Maths exams but the format might be slightly different for your subject but I don't think that very likely.
prudentstudent
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As you put "continued on the next page", at your answer, the examiner will know what you've done. You'll be fine.
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
couldn't you get another page to tag on the end?

tell your chief examiner. isn't there a thing where you can have it specially marked for w/e reason? i answered a paper in pencil on accident and my dad's mate(examiner) told him that they college will put it for special marking or something. that was aqa though, if it makes a difference
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest