Medicine Abroad? Watch

ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
The demand wasn't as high as other countries...
I don't know about other countries, but there is a huge demand for doctors here in the UK.

Do you not know that new med schools are opening all over the country just because we need more doctors (especially GPs)?

They said other doctors in many other countries aren't funded my the government and therefore own and work privately. I don't think working privately in England is a good idea considering that everyone will run to the NHS.
Also not true. There is a private medical sector in the UK - the NHS is still there first and foremost and most private doctors are consultants (trained in the NHS) but in many specialties doctors can go private with no shortage of demand for private work.

The bottom line is: study where you want to work*.

*Note while a UK medical degree is likely to be accepted widely across the world, Singapore has recently tightened their regulations and only about 20 UK med schools' qualifications are recognised. If you want to work there but study in the UK, make sure you choose wisely. See https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highligh...e-in-singapore.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I don't know about other countries, but there is a huge demand for doctors here in the UK.

Do you not know that new med schools are opening all over the country just because we need more doctors (especially GPs)?

Also not true. There is a private medical sector in the UK - the NHS is still there first and foremost and most private doctors are consultants (trained in the NHS) but in many specialties doctors can go private with no shortage of demand for private work.

The bottom line is: study where you want to work*.

*Note while a UK medical degree is likely to be accepted widely across the world, Singapore has recently tightened their regulations and only about 20 UK med schools' qualifications are recognised. If you want to work there but study in the UK, make sure you choose wisely. See https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highligh...e-in-singapore.
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (138)
13.48%
Excited (93)
9.08%
Worried (193)
18.85%
Terrified (234)
22.85%
Meh (78)
7.62%
Confused (29)
2.83%
Putting on a brave face (125)
12.21%
Impatient (134)
13.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise