Dad keeps swearing Watch

Anonymous,
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
All day whether he's annoyed, laughing, watching something on TV he swears. Just now I took the dog his food and my dad jumped up and said 'no I want to add some biscuits to it, what you doing, ********** jesus' He says jesus like 20 times a day and I can hear him swearing when he's talking to himself lol its getting annoying but is this normal? Do most people swear these days? Ive not spoke to him since he hit me and want to start doing but to be honest he's just turning into a nasty old man. He's nice, caring and loves animals etc but yea do your parents swear? It doesn't really really bother me but it sounds appauling.
QI Elf
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, my parents very rarely swear.

I actually don't think I've ever heard my mother swear.
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous,)
Ive not spoke to him since he hit me
Woah woah woaaaaaah.
Cattleman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's normal-ish.

You'd hate New Zealand..
OiaB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sounds like a right charmer.

all you have to do is take satisfaction in never turning out to be anything like him and be a well-mannered person.

just count the days till you leave for University/Independance
OiaB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by MSB)
Woah woah woaaaaaah.
:ditto:
Cal.
Report 11 years ago
Swearing is nothing but words... As for hitting, that's something
studyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They rarely when my siblings and I were children. Now that we are all 18 and above, we swear together.
valentine_strongrod
Report 11 years ago
hehe
my parents never swear....
they used to hit me when i was a kid ... but my mom mainly...not my dad (H)
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Right, pretty much ask him to tone it down a bit politely. If that fails you might just have to put up with it - I wouldn't take too kindly to someone younger than me constantly asking me to change my ways... I wouldn't mind a polite request if it was bothering someone though...
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Silver Fox)
It's normal-ish.

You'd hate New Zealand..

and Ireland. Swear like troopers we do.

and OP get a grip and some thicker skin, he swears big bloody deal, least hes not drinking himself into an early graves and having threesomes with 16 old hookers in front of your dear old gran
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
(Original post by silverbolt)
and Ireland. Swear like troopers we do.

and OP get a grip and some thicker skin, he swears big bloody deal, least hes not drinking himself into an early graves and having threesomes with 16 old hookers in front of your dear old gran
I don't mind hearing it from people like you and the odd word but I think from parents all the time is ott, expecially ********** Jesus would you like to hear it? I was brought up not to swear and now its all I hear.
Age_of_Innocence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Says Jesus 20 times a day? What a lightweight! :P
Normal, where I live anyway. My Dad swears a lot, and always has done. I do to and am trying to cut down on it, when excessive its crude, vulgar, suggests low intelligence and is generally not pleasant.
Teofilo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For **** sake, what an absolutely ****ing ridiculous ****ing question. ****ing hell.

Seriously though, my dad swears constantly and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Probably because I swear just as much, if not more!

That said, there is a difference between colloquial swearing (just sort of blends in to the conversation, sometimes adds emphasis) and swearing at someone in anger (which can be a problem, obviously).

As for hitting, that is totally different and shouldn't be tolerated at all obviously.
cpearson
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My Dad swears a lot and talks to us like **** sometimes, but it's down to him working in factories all his life and not realising that he's no longer in work. On holidays and afte he's been of work for a while it changes.
I can see what you mean though, i find it offensive sometimes.
Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
My dad picked it up from me lol, and yes but usually when he's annoyed or had a drink.
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its only words. I agree, get a grib, seriously.
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teofilo)
For **** sake, what an absolutely ****ing ridiculous ****ing question. ****ing hell.

Seriously though, my dad swears constantly and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Probably because I swear just as much, if not more!

That said, there is a difference between colloquial swearing (just sort of blends in to the conversation, sometimes adds emphasis) and swearing at someone in anger (which can be a problem, obviously).

As for hitting, that is totally different and shouldn't be tolerated at all obviously.
Thats the thing it never adds emphasis for me though it just sounds.. dirty lol. Its ok now and again and can be funny in jokes etc but hearing someone mutter swear words to themself all day gets annoying Im glad Im not in the house all day. It takes a stronger person to avoid swearing and find different words.:yy:
Anonymous,
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ewan)
Its only words. I agree, get a grib, seriously.
Isn't *********** Jesus a bit direspectful to Jesus and others lol, not that he's alive or ever was but still.
MSB
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the Lord Almighty and His Son would be more concerned with the physical abuse than the blasphemy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed