The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I’m definitely the more romantic one in my relationship. I constantly endeavour to surprise and delight my boyfriend with romantic dinners, walks, trips, small gifts etc. I even carry his bags and hold the door open for him.

Sometimes I wish that he could be a little bit more romantic, but he claims to lack the creativity or spontaneity needed. Sometimes he can be romantic in his own geeky way though. The most romantic thing he ever said to me was “if I was a computer my CPU usage would reach 100% processing my love for you.”

He has to relate practically everything to computers, physics, maths or anime, but I find it endearing. :tongue:
forgottenromeo
I'm a self proclaimed romantic. Simply i can find no-one else who is a romantic and who likes long walks in parks, art and poetry, or spending quiet time together without having to actually be doing something.

Is there any other romantics out there? Or is romance as dead as chivalry?

You have not met me my friend :smile:
El Nombre
Sometimes he can be romantic in his own geeky way though. The most romantic thing he ever said to me was “if I was a computer my CPU usage would reach 100% processing my love for you.”

He has to relate practically everything to computers, physics, maths or anime, but I find it endearing. :tongue:

That's cute! :p:
Reply 403
I hope romance isnt dead, other wise i should just give up and declare myself a spinster right now. Not about the lavish gentures etc just knowing someone would do anything to see you happy and show that every now and then.

Clearly ive watched too much one tree hill. Damn that show.
I'm a hopeless romantic. But I have noone to share it with would be where the problem lies. Theres only so romantic you can be in your head I've realised! And living is where its at because watching all those american films and tv programmes just makes me want someone to share it with all the more in the real world.
ArtGirl
I hope romance isnt dead, other wise i should just give up and declare myself a spinster right now. Not about the lavish gentures etc just knowing someone would do anything to see you happy and show that every now and then.

:yep:
Clearly that show ruins lives. :smile:
Well i come to make you all jealous :p: I am spending the summer in hawkshead hostel, and we have had clear skies most nights and I am a mile away from the nearest village. (i'm up in the lake district for those who don't know where hawkshead is).

Soooo i have lots of forest and fields to walk to and lots of lakes to stargaze by. Its been great so far though i am a little sore from all the running ruond i have been doing during the day. All i need now is someone to share it with :frown:
Reply 407
Mathy, Ace from Space
:yep:
Clearly that show ruins lives. :smile:

lol yea it does, but it mayb gives a little hope that if it can be written then someone thinks in that way, if thats makes sense!
ArtGirl

wooo! One Tree Hill. The guys in there are proper romantic lol!
We need that round here.
Reply 409
El Nombre
Sometimes I wish that he could be a little bit more romantic, but he claims to lack the creativity or spontaneity needed. Sometimes he can be romantic in his own geeky way though. The most romantic thing he ever said to me was “if I was a computer my CPU usage would reach 100% processing my love for you.”

I though i was romantic, i though that i could do everything to spend a night with my girlfriend (if i had one) to see the stars in the sky, all the night long.. But your boyfriend's joke makes me laugh. :s-smilie: I'm not that romantic. :p:
Reply 410
I am also a hopeless romantic and have yet to find a guy that is as like-minded. I love all the little gestures y boyfriend does like holding doors open for me, sending me texts first thing in the morning and last thing at night, calling me beautiful etc etc. But I am yet to find a guy who would go for a walk on a sunny day, just lay in bed cuddling, go out for a romantic meal, lay on the ground watching clouds go by....the list goes on!

According to this thread there are a lot more romantic guys than I thought...where are you all?!! lol!
Walks in the park at moonlight. Cuddling under a blanket just talking about nothing. Lot's of cheesy lines. Holding doors open, saying gnite and good morning. All right up my street, I even read a fair amount of romance books :ninja: (hidden inside my bed so noone finds out)

Romance ain't dead, you girls just need to find the right guy.
This **** is all so faggy. I think there's more to love and being in a relationship with someone than cheesey gestures. The reason most people aren't like this (and I honestly doubt anyone outside of mills and boones books ever was) is because it pangs of ingenuousness.
Lol mills and boones books need to die an ugly death. But nothing wrong with a pinch of cheese, as long as you spice it up.
Ahh, I'm deffo a romantic, too!

There's nowt I want more than to run away to the countryside with my lover, build a thatched cottage, & have a simple, rustic life; blissfully oblivious to the banes of humanity, bahahaha. :biggrin: :p:
foolishfancies
Ahh, I'm deffo a romantic, too!

There's nowt I want more than to run away to the countryside with my lover, build a thatched cottage, & have a simple, rustic life; blissfully oblivious to the banes of humanity, bahahaha. :biggrin: :p:

My dream life!

I’d probably be classed as sickeningly romantic. Or at least I have a sickeningly romantic side. I love classic romance, or more usually the concept of it.

I love poetry, art, letters, walks, camping out under the stars. It’s so lovely. The sexiest thing about a guy is probably his romantic side for me. It’s so exciting!

As someone has rightfully said up there, to all the romance haters; there’s nothing wrong with a pinch of cheese as long as you add some spice :wink:
I'm only romantic some of the time. I much prefer messing about with my bf, insulting each other and just having a good time.

Occassionally it's nice to get a bit mushy, but my ex was a completely over-romantic and clingy. Eg he said I love you after dating for like a week. I mean, come on, a week?!?! I could not get out of there fast enough when I realised what he was like.

Latest

Trending

Trending