This discussion is closed.
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I only know a few simple things on guitar, viola is more my forte, and i live a 5 minute walk from the mersey. I spend a lot of time sitting out on the rocks.

I'm starting a society for romantics linked to this. If you bare with me, and if anyone is interested.
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mathy, Ace from Space)
I saw the cutest episode of 8 Simple Rules when Kyle refuses to do anything romantic on Valentines Day for Kerry, but then tells her later when she got upset that he wanted to wait till midnight so she'd have "her own special day"...
...I though that was really sweet.
Red ribbons - that's so cute! I wish I went to your school, the boys at our brother school are horrid...
I love this episode! So sweet
xBillyBrownx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)
I only know a few simple things on guitar, viola is more my forte, and i live a 5 minute walk from the mersey. I spend a lot of time sitting out on the rocks.

I'm starting a society for romantics linked to this. If you bare with me, and if anyone is interested.
Yay yes please do start a society!
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
I have done! Well i submitted one, its called " The romantics society " if you want to try and find it.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Apparently from what i can glean from excursions into the mass of threads on here. someone else beat me to the punch on a romantics society. But theirs seems to be more a case of how to win people over and so on.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
Oh well. Our society's better anyway :cool:

Aw I really want to go to the beach now. There's this place in France by the sea called La Hague, and it's beautiful. It's so romantic when the weather's really stormy, the waves are crashing against the rocks and there's no one else around...
xBillyBrownx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So there are two romantics societies atm?
Anonymous #4
Report 11 years ago
Yes, I am romantic and no I'm not at all.

I mean, I've always wanted a guy who I could cuddle up to, watch the sunset with etc etc.
But now I'm pushing 21 (I know, I know, not *that* old) and have given up on finding a guy who I love and loves me. In the near future anyway.

In my view, romance is doing just little things. Spending time with each other doing nothing, watching clouds or looking at stars is enough for me. Just spending time together is enough! Traditional art and poem reading are too over the top for me. But if someone wrote me a poem or drew me a carttony style picture, I'd be over the moon.
I'd start to feel uncomfortable after a certain point of romance. I've learnt to be too independant and protective of my feelings to let anyone go over the top on displays of affection for me. So far at least. But if I found the right guy, who knows? Though, I've been fiercely independant since the age of like 5 so too much and too close together would smother me I think.
Wind Guru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm a romantic, but it takes a while for me to open up to someone. I'm selective, I write poetry, I love walking in the countryside and admiring nature, painting pictures on the beach, gazing at the shapes of clouds whilst laying supine to the ground, and contemplating about the constellations of myths in the night sky. I adore literature and music, and have a penchant for beautiful words.

Romantics aren't dead.. we're just hiding
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, I am romantic and no I'm not at all.

I mean, I've always wanted a guy who I could cuddle up to, watch the sunset with etc etc.
But now I'm pushing 21 (I know, I know, not *that* old) and have given up on finding a guy who I love and loves me. In the near future anyway.

In my view, romance is doing just little things. Spending time with each other doing nothing, watching clouds or looking at stars is enough for me. Just spending time together is enough! Traditional art and poem reading are too over the top for me. But if someone wrote me a poem or drew me a carttony style picture, I'd be over the moon.
I'd start to feel uncomfortable after a certain point of romance. I've learnt to be too independant and protective of my feelings to let anyone go over the top on displays of affection for me. So far at least. But if I found the right guy, who knows? Though, I've been fiercely independant since the age of like 5 so too much and too close together would smother me I think.
As has been said alot, its about the balance. Unfortunately lots of people feel the same. Life isn't as simple as it used to be when romance is thought of as being in its prime, And the level of trust is nowhere near the same. Even with someone you feel you can trust you still feel defencive. Its worse if you have been hurt before, as alot of people who have gone into relationships with dreams of romance have found the hard way.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFsw...aynext_from=PL If anyones interested i think this is a pretty nice song.
nosnibor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So many people go on about being romantic, but what they're saying is just a cliché. My boyfriend's a typical 'romantic', but even he admits it's just a bit of fun.

Still, I don't complain when he texts me Shakespeare quotations.
Jen19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am a complete romantic. i was waiting for the perfect guy. but now ive found one who i like. not sure if hes romantic. i want flowers, sweet texts, dates to somewhere other than the pub every so often. my sister has found a near perfect guy, shes so lucky!
Desperate Prayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wind Guru)
I'm a romantic, but it takes a while for me to open up to someone. I'm selective, I write poetry, I love walking in the countryside and admiring nature, painting pictures on the beach, gazing at the shapes of clouds whilst laying supine to the ground, and contemplating about the constellations of myths in the night sky. I adore literature and music, and have a penchant for beautiful words.

Romantics aren't dead.. we're just hiding
Perfection :p:

I dont suppose your coming to study in wales?
Dstbgre
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im also a romantic! I love nothing more than romantic moments like getting caught in the rain together or watching a sunset/sunrise with a loved one or a candle lit dinner. I like to send texts just to show that special someone i care about them. I love to see the smile on her face when i do something she likes and all the effort, time and money whatever it is took it is all worth it just to see her smile. Its a shame really that we are just friends
nicola1807
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm a self proclaimed romantic. Simply i can find no-one else who is a romantic and who likes long walks in parks, art and poetry, or spending quiet time together without having to actually be doing something.

Is there any other romantics out there? Or is romance as dead as chivalry?
Aww and they say romance is dead no i love romance, and i love art and poetry but i don't know if it's a bit cheesy mixing it with relationships. Wouldn't know how to react if somebody wrote a poem for me or something :ninja:
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicola1807)
Aww and they say romance is dead no i love romance, and i love art and poetry but i don't know if it's a bit cheesy mixing it with relationships. Wouldn't know how to react if somebody wrote a poem for me or something :ninja:
Not many people would i'd assume. It would depend on the people, the circumstances, and the poem i think. Sharing poetry with each other on the other hand is different and can be more enjoyable.
nicola1807
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not many people would i'd assume. It would depend on the people, the circumstances, and the poem i think. Sharing poetry with each other on the other hand is different and can be more enjoyable.
:laugh: Sorry was just rofling at my poor knowledge of geography on the Wirral, i was sitting there thinking 'hmm seacombe.. i'm sure i've heard of that' :rolleyes: i absolutely fail.

Anyway. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE poetry, but then so does this guy who like stalked me for ages and he's really weird and he likes to think he's Lord Byron so i think that's put me off a bit :mad:

I personally love looking at the sky any time and i think to just relax with someone under clouds/stars would be romantic
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
So do i. That guy sounds kinda creepy. what school do you go to? Your the first person from round here i have seen, and seacombe is between egremont b'head and liscard.
nicola1807
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So do i. That guy sounds kinda creepy. what school do you go to? Your the first person from round here i have seen, and seacombe is between egremont b'head and liscard.
Yeah i realised after a while :rolleyes: haha. Wirral Grammar, well not anymore, have left now, but you know. You?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads