Pre-settled status implications for EU grads trying to get TC's Watch

HarvestingSeason
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So here's my conundrum (I'm sure plenty of other non-UK EU/EEA citizens on here have had similar queries). I'm a citizen of an Eastern European EU member state with an unconditional offer for Law and I'll be starting uni in September, meaning that I'll be in the UK well before no deal Brexit happens and will consequently be able to apply for pre-settled status.

1. Does this (i.e. having pre-settled status) mean that I won't need a tier 2 visa sponsorship when I try to get a TC?
2. Will EU citizens who have pre-settled status be treated the same as EU citizens who arrive post-Brexit (i.e. the same way that non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens are treated at present in regard to right to work) in terms of employment? By this I mean whether they will be subject to salary caps, priority hiring of domestic workers etc.
3. Do you think trying to score a vac scheme/TC is plausible for an EU citizen?

Primary source:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/employin...s-after-brexit

Disclaimer: Please note I'm not making any value judgments regarding Brexit, merely wondering what it implies.
HarvestingSeason
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Meant to post this in the legal subforum, sorry.
Please move if possible.
Last edited by HarvestingSeason; 2 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HarvestingSeason)
So here's my conundrum (I'm sure plenty of other non-UK EU/EEA citizens on here have had similar queries). I'm a citizen of an Eastern European EU member state with an unconditional offer for Law and I'll be starting uni in September, meaning that I'll be in the UK well before no deal Brexit happens and will consequently be able to apply for pre-settled status.

1. Does this (i.e. having pre-settled status) mean that I won't need a tier 2 visa sponsorship when I try to get a TC?
2. Will EU citizens who have pre-settled status be treated the same as EU citizens who arrive post-Brexit (i.e. the same way that non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens are treated at present in regard to right to work) in terms of employment? By this I mean whether they will be subject to salary caps, priority hiring of domestic workers etc.
3. Do you think trying to score a vac scheme/TC is plausible for an EU citizen?

Primary source:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/employin...s-after-brexit

Disclaimer: Please note I'm not making any value judgments regarding Brexit, merely wondering what it implies.
Informed guesses.
1. Yes.
2. No.
3.Yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%