cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I also have naturally hard, dry skin on my feet. My nails are also weird, but they've been that way since birth. :p:

I find that the best thing to do is to get a foot-spa, fill it with hot water, aromatherapy oils, and some form of moisturising cream; and soak your feet for an hour or two in the foot-spa. Relaxing, and it does the job.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FrenchGal)
I do Feet carry you all day and take you everywhere, so you need to take care of them. Dry feet crack and get prone to infections, as it's been said before.

And it's nicer to see well taken care of feet in sandals - or bare, on the beach.
We worry about superficial elements of our bodies way too much. "Feet beauty" indeed :rolleyes:
jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
We worry about superficial elements of our bodies way too much. "Feet beauty" indeed :rolleyes:
Looking after the little things goes a long way.

I have a 'proposed' foot routine, but sticking to it is a different matter. I think that every morning you should buff your heels and soles with a pumice block. As well as your whole body, moisturise your feet as well, after your morning shower. Then every week, moisturise your feet then wrap them in cling film. Feels awful, but after about 30 mins your feet are so lovely and smooth!

I don't take good care of my toenails. Sounds disgusting but i have a horrible habit of picking/peeling my toenails and they end up too short. I do paint them though.
Touche
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been told I have hobbit feet... but I guess better hobbit feat than a hobbit face
FrenchGal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Yeah, probably... though it's not feet beauty to me, it's feet health.

I probably pay to much attention to details... but that kind of details keep me away from eating too much (taking care of my body is a way of indulging myself, as is food, so if I want to have some chocolate, I massage my feet instead, or take care of my hands, or have a face mask... keeps my mind of the chocolate and makes me feel like a million dollar. I don't know if that makes sense, it may sound ridiculous, but since I've started doing that - along with reducing my food intake, I'm not saying it did the job single-handed - I lost a stone, so it's all good for me. And it's a confidence booster too.
VickieLR
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I use Avon's Footworks cream when they're dry/hard, it works a treat.
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dashavoo)
What is the problem with the tough skin on the bottom of feet?
Having that means you can walk more places barefoot because it hurts less when you tread on stones etc.
Yes but.
I wear shoes
FrenchGal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Alreeeet)
Yes but.
I wear shoes
She's got a point
Steffiewoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have a foot scrub and intensive foot moisturiser which I use occasionally if my feet are very sore or icky looking.
BellaNotte
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FrenchGal)
Yeah, probably... though it's not feet beauty to me, it's feet health.

I probably pay to much attention to details... but that kind of details keep me away from eating too much (taking care of my body is a way of indulging myself, as is food, so if I want to have some chocolate, I massage my feet instead, or take care of my hands, or have a face mask... keeps my mind of the chocolate and makes me feel like a million dollar. I don't know if that makes sense, it may sound ridiculous, but since I've started doing that - along with reducing my food intake, I'm not saying it did the job single-handed - I lost a stone, so it's all good for me. And it's a confidence booster too.
That's a really good idea actually, instead of stuffing my face full of chocolate when i get a craving i could just go and do my nails or something to make myself feel better lol. I like it.
suzy2512
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fairycakes)
that is a good suggestion! i was thinking about that, after seeing the benefit foot stuff, which includes a cream and socks, but it was sold for £20!!
Yeh £20 is a bit much!! Just an old pair of socks and some good moisturiser (Palmers cocoa butter, or body shop body butter (passion fruit is my fave!)) does the trick
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I use a foot file every few days to get rid of the hard skin. I used to use one every day but actually that's worse as your feet, naturally, have to build up a thicker layer of skin to protect them, and you make them sore if you scrub the skin every day. Use a foot file, not a pumice stone or a hard skin shaver, as they're too abrasive (and rather painful to use!). Use the harder side to scrub off the hard, dead skin and use the slightly softer side to smooth the new skin underneath.

I normally just file my feet before I get in the shower, then slather on some moisturiser when I get out, or before bed. When I can be bothered, I get the foot spa out - file my feet, then use a scrub on them, then soak them for a good 10-15 minutes! Then clip or file my nails, rub nail oil in, and put on a thick layer of moisturiser Ultimate pampering!

I know what you mean, it can be a hassle to look after them. You feel so much better when you have nice feet though!

I would say:

Buy a foot file - Tesco do a cheap one for about 69p! File every few days, twice a week or so.

Use a scrub occasionally, ideally an AHA one to really smooth your skin.

Buy some deep-penetrating foot cream or a foot mask, eg. Soap & Glory Spa Heel Genius foot mask. Apply a thick layer and put on thick socks to help it sink in.

Rub a nail oil such as Solar Oil into your nails and push down your cuticles.

Clip or file your nails straight across once a week.
FrenchGal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aralia)
That's a really good idea actually, instead of stuffing my face full of chocolate when i get a craving i could just go and do my nails or something to make myself feel better lol. I like it.
It always sounds daft when I say it, but it's worked for me - even more since I've started using Lush stuff, as their products smell gorgeous, and it adds to the pleasure
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by suzy2512)
Yeh £20 is a bit much!! Just an old pair of socks and some good moisturiser (Palmers cocoa butter, or body shop body butter (passion fruit is my fave!)) does the trick
the body butter costs enough!
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
feminine feet :luv:
suzy2512
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jenren22)
the body butter costs enough!
Normally £12, on sale at the mo for £6 (http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/50...anner-_-Promo2) - wouldn't say that's excessive (esp as it's a 200ml tub and last for ages!). As for Palmers, it's about £2 a bottle from Asda...
AmieFM
Report 11 years ago
CCS foot care cream is really good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads