I have so much social anxiety to the point I can’t even eat in public Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Please if anyone knows how they got over their social anxiety naturally and anxiety in general terms please let me know. I can’t live like this anymore. I go to therapy and I was given medicine by the doctors which I haven’t tried yet. The side effects are too severe😩. It’s for depression but I wasn’t even given drugs for my anxiety. I don’t want to take drugs. I want to find something a lot more natural
Please any advice would really be helpful
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
i have really bad social anxiety too, i cant order food, i cant cross the road, i cant talk in class. it's really immobilising.

these things have helped me last year, i was doing better than ever:

1) meditating. this by far will help u the most. do it every morning and every night before sleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p_yaNFSYao

1) mindfulness. i couldnt rank which one was more important lol. you'll learn what this means after the 8th or so days. you won't need a guide after that. please don't break your mindfulness meditation daily routine, because if you do, you wont get the same benefits if u try to restart ur routine. it'll be forced and not natural. (this is something i noticed and regretted a bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tkqaKiryE

2. Tony Robbins. <3
this guy teaches you how to shift your mindset and gear it into a stronger and less nervous one. he really helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZZHV_g1Cs
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
by the way, the reason why i relapsed is because i broke my mindful meditation daily routine and i couldnt get back on, and a lot of sH&T happened in the past year which mad me relapse including the huge stress of a levels and friendship break ups
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
im really excited to see u on ur journey pls update <3 i hope all goes well (trust me when i say u can smash it)
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Exposure to situations and general health management helps me best

Could you sit in a cafe / coffee shop for an afternoon while you do your studies or whatever? That is one good way of exposure. The best activity you could do would also boost your overall confidence at the same time. Whatever you do, it's useful to keep your mind occupied. Exercise/sport can help remove anxiety because the body has to focus on the physical work, and is forced to give up putting energy into anxious thoughts

General health management is also important - get good sleep, stay hydrated...just overall make your body feel comfortable. Anxiety and bad sleep are usually hand in hand

I have suffered from a slight hand tremor when anxiety has been it's worst. Sometimes it happened if I ate in a large public place. So, I understand it's difficult

Relax. Take care
Last edited by Ben878 (LfL); 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have really bad social anxiety too, i cant order food, i cant cross the road, i cant talk in class. it's really immobilising.

these things have helped me last year, i was doing better than ever:

1) meditating. this by far will help u the most. do it every morning and every night before sleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p_yaNFSYao

1) mindfulness. i couldnt rank which one was more important lol. you'll learn what this means after the 8th or so days. you won't need a guide after that. please don't break your mindfulness meditation daily routine, because if you do, you wont get the same benefits if u try to restart ur routine. it'll be forced and not natural. (this is something i noticed and regretted a bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tkqaKiryE

2. Tony Robbins. <3
this guy teaches you how to shift your mindset and gear it into a stronger and less nervous one. he really helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZZHV_g1Cs
Thank you so much 😭 I want to try meditating but I never have space or time. Also my family would bully me if they saw me do it 😔
Anonymous #1
Thank you so much 😭 I want to try meditating but I never have space or time. Also my family would bully me if they saw me do it 😔
Also hank you for sharing your experience , I can relate to you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ben878 (LfL))
Exposure to situations and general health management helps me best

Could you sit in a cafe / coffee shop for an afternoon while you do your studies or whatever? That is one good way of exposure. Lots of social activities could help with exposure. The best activity you could do would also boost your overall confidence at the same time. Whatever do you do, it's useful to keep your mind occupied on something because if you sat in a cafe with nothing to do of course your mind would drift onto the 'what's ifs', 'Am I', 'are they' etc. (which is what anxiety is subconsciously). Exercise/sport can help remove anxiety because your body has to focus on the physical work, and is forced to give up putting energy into anxious thoughts

General health management is also important - get good sleep, stay hydrated...just overall make your body feel comfortable. Anxiety and bad sleep are usually hand in hand

I have suffered from a slight hand tremor when anxiety has been it's worst. Sometimes it happened if I ate in a large public place. So, I understand it's difficult

Relax. Take care
Thank you for your help and I feel extremely self conscious being on my own in a cafe. Even when I leave the house I hate it when people look t me . I always get horrible stares .
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please if anyone knows how they got over their social anxiety naturally and anxiety in general terms please let me know. I can’t live like this anymore. I go to therapy and I was given medicine by the doctors which I haven’t tried yet. The side effects are too severe😩. It’s for depression but I wasn’t even given drugs for my anxiety. I don’t want to take drugs. I want to find something a lot more natural
Please any advice would really be helpful
Antidepressants are the medications used to treat anxiety. Obviously, up to you whether you take them or not.
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for your help and I feel extremely self conscious being on my own in a cafe. Even when I leave the house I hate it when people look t me . I always get horrible stares .
That is part of the idea though - if you are in a place where you are self conscious, over time you will eventually become less self conscious. Like when you have met a new person and were shy and anxious around them at first, but later came to have no feelings of self consciousness at all. It became like that because overtime the exposure to them gained your trust. It's a similar thing here

https://inspiritedminds.org.uk/wp-co...4b-300x200.jpg
Last edited by Ben878 (LfL); 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ben878 (LfL))
That is part of the idea though - if you are in a place where you are self conscious, over time you will eventually become less self conscious. Like when you have met a new person and were shy and anxious around them at first, but later came to have no feelings of self consciousness at all. It became like that because overtime the exposure to them gained your trust. It's a similar thing here

https://inspiritedminds.org.uk/wp-co...4b-300x200.jpg
I understand, I want to be able push myself to do this 😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%