Anyone had DMs return on insta today for someone who has previously blocked you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Normally when someone blocks you on instagram, the DM thread disappears. And if they unblock you, it reappears.(so doesnt delete forever via them blocking you)

Today the threads for two of my exes reappeared. At first, i only saw one so thought i had been unblocked but just noticed the other one now. So seems to be some kind of glitch. Wondered if anyone else has had the same?
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Normally when someone blocks you on instagram, the DM thread disappears. And if they unblock you, it reappears.(so doesnt delete forever via them blocking you)

Today the threads for two of my exes reappeared. At first, i only saw one so thought i had been unblocked but just noticed the other one now. So seems to be some kind of glitch. Wondered if anyone else has had the same?
No but I’m officially scared now
Anonymous #1
(Original post by S.carter)
No but I’m officially scared now
Why?
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why?
Well everyone has blocked people and one I’ve blocked I’d rather just never hear from again
Anonymous #1
(Original post by S.carter)
Well everyone has blocked people and one I’ve blocked I’d rather just never hear from again
Ahh i think the person remains blocked but itll just look like u unblocked and then blocked.

Bcz i thought the same before realising it wudnt happen like that with both people on the same day. Unfortunately tho, i didnt realise straight away so spent most of the day thinking i had been unblocked (atleast for a bit). So been a bit of a mind****.
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ahh i think the person remains blocked but itll just look like u unblocked and then blocked.

Bcz i thought the same before realising it wudnt happen like that with both people on the same day. Unfortunately tho, i didnt realise straight away so spent most of the day thinking i had been unblocked (atleast for a bit). So been a bit of a mind****.
Ohhhh that’s fine tbh idc

Yeah that must’ve been proper weird Cos then you’re like ok maybe they like me again hahah
kwiknik22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hey S.Carter, did this end up happening to you also? or you haven’t experienced such an issue yet? trying to research how wide spread this is! lol
Rahul3712
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Happened today on 26 October. The dms which I had deleted long back who themselves had deactivated their accounts - those chats have reappeared and I have no idea how. I clearly remember not seeing those chats for years now. All of a sudden - chats going back as much as 2017 are back in my dms i have no idea why.
Cmcg1985
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This happened to me last week also, from 2017.3 messages.. from, now deleted users. 2 messages where were a nice throw back! The other i’d rather not have seen again! Haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads