Blood blister on my foot... Watch

Jabbamuffin
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I know it's not nice so sorry about this, but I need answers.

Ironically I made a thread yesterday about my feet hurting in chat, but today it's become more serious

They were hurting from playing on the astoturf yesterday, but today I played two indoor matches and on my right foot I now have a massive blood blister. Unfortunately I start a new job tomorrow and will be on my feet all day.

More to the point, does anybody know what you should/shouldn't do with a blood blister on your foot. Missing work is out of the question by the way.

Thanks in advance for the replies, keep them sensible please if possible.
Will.here.i.am
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Burst it. Get all of the blood out and wash it to make it clean and free from infection. It will be sore afterwards but no more than a normal blister. Make sure to wear some nice fitting shoes tomorrow and put a blister plaster on the blister.

Hope that helps
plastic-hearts--x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how about those blister plasters? can get them in boots, the come in a little green box, can't remember what theyre called though =S.. they're quite expensive, around £5 for 5... but totally worth it! don't get any pain with mine, and stop the blister from bursting hope this helps!
Kizz91
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They're called Compeed...they're not very good though.
I would just burst it, and then keep it padded so there's no pressure that would make it hurt.
And clean it, obviously...
Jabbamuffin
So it's alright to pop a blood blister??

Thanks people... Just was worried you couldn't pop them like normal blisters.

As for comfortable shoes, I'll be wearing safety boots lol so that plan unfortunately can't happen.
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
get a needle and make a small hole, then squeeze the blood out, the reason i said needle is do that you don't have a massive scar by pulling the skin off, which will probably hurt even more,
then put a plaster on it
make sure you wash the needle in hot water and salt first
Jabbamuffin
(Original post by Veni_vidi)
get a needle and make a small hole, then squeeze the blood out, the reason i said needle is do that you don't have a massive scar by pulling the skin off, which will probably hurt even more,
then put a plaster on it
make sure you wash the needle in hot water and salt first

Thanks.
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jabbamuffin)
Thanks.
it's ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads