Crashing higher Admin and retaking business Watch

Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys, I have a question

I will be trying to change subjects from spanish to higher business and bio to higher admin (there’s a lot of reasons why but it mainly comes from after results day).

So, is higher admin easy?. I don’t know if it links to what I have done in nat 5 computing.

And also what is the difference between nat 5 business and higher business?.
Eng.Enthus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)

I will be trying to change subjects from spanish to higher business and bio to higher admin (there’s a lot of reasons why but it mainly comes from after results day).

So, is higher admin easy?. I don’t know if it links to what I have done in nat 5 computing.

In relation to admin, I know of someone who sat the higher course when they were at nat5 level (which was about fourth year) so I would say this is fairly achieveable, so yes if u have experience with computers, the course should be alright, hope this helps!
turtle.8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A lot of people at my school crash Higher Admin in S6 and people have described it as easy and they have achieved As and Bs in the subject. As you have done nat 5 computing you should find admin even easier because you have experience with databases (I think thats in the nat 5 computing course). Can't tell you much about the difference between nat 5 business and higher business but I crashed higher business this year and I managed to get an A, I think a lot of it follows on from nat 5 but answers need to be more detailed. I didn't find it too hard and was one of the easier subjects I took, compared to highers I wasn't crashing. Hope this helps you!
BigManTing94
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nat 5 Business management focuses on smaller business like sole traders and other small companies however in higher business the focus is switched to multinationals and other big companies like public limited organisations.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)

Similar to turtle, a lot of people at my old school also crashed higher admin in S6, so it should be quite achievable There isn't really a lot of crossover between admin and computing, as far as I can tell from people who have done either/both, but a quick look at the course notes on the SQA website will give you a more definitive answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
16.3%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.13%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.96%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.09%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.52%