how to handle rejection in love Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have been rejected by a guy who I thought liked me. like he just kept leading me on by being really flirty and all that and then rejected me over text. I know I sound pathetic but basically I need to get over him but in my head he is like the perfect guy and no one better will ever come along. plz help me move on. how have you in the past dealt with being rejected?
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been rejected by a guy who I thought liked me. like he just kept leading me on by being really flirty and all that and then rejected me over text. I know I sound pathetic but basically I need to get over him but in my head he is like the perfect guy and no one better will ever come along. plz help me move on. how have you in the past dealt with being rejected?
There are PLENTY of others who will come along.

Trust me, I have been rejected definitely more than once and someone 'better' ALWAYS comes along. (Also I have never thought about or even remembered those that came before).

You just have to get over your psyche being tricked into thinking it has lost something. What have you lost? One person can't control your sense of self-worth. They don't mean anything to you. It is your psyche being fooled into thinking they have value to you when they don't.

Within a short time you will learn not to value that person, and in doing so any effect they have on your psyche will disappear.

You have only gained from this, the benefits will appear later I promise.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
Time heals all
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xylas)
There are PLENTY of others who will come along.

Trust me, I have been rejected definitely more than once and someone 'better' ALWAYS comes along. (Also I have never thought about or even remembered those that came before).

You just have to get over your psyche being tricked into thinking it has lost something. What have you lost? One person can't control your sense of self-worth. They don't mean anything to you. It is your psyche being fooled into thinking they have value to you when they don't.

Within a short time you will learn not to value that person, and in doing so any effect they have on your psyche will disappear.

You have only gained from this, the benefits will appear later I promise.
What have I gained?
I am terrified that I am letting the one go but he isn't even into me. can you tell me some practical ways you used to get over the rejection? should I cut contact? we see each other during family occasions, would it be in my best interest to avoid seeing his face? as in avoiding all contact?

thx so much for this, reading it has helped me more than you realise!
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If I knew the answer to that my arm wouldn't be covered all in scars.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
If I knew the answer to that my arm wouldn't be covered all in scars.
this is why I hate emotions and feelings. I hate opening up to people who I shouldn't even trust to begin with. I tell myself all the time " don't fall" and I just do it anyways. this will teach me a lesson.
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What have I gained?
I am terrified that I am letting the one go but he isn't even into me. can you tell me some practical ways you used to get over the rejection? should I cut contact? we see each other during family occasions, would it be in my best interest to avoid seeing his face? as in avoiding all contact?

thx so much for this, reading it has helped me more than you realise!
No problem!

Well you haven't lost anything, so it is only possible to gain. You have gained valuable experience which will turn itself into a more grounded and stable psyche.

Practical ways: yes you do have to cut contact. You may see his face, but it won't be in the same way. Try to make him a blur in your mind, his face is just like any random person's face you might walk past in the street.

You basically have to overcome your mind tricking itself and to realise that you are in a much better position now, and to be happy for it.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
It's rejection, not a REFLECTION on you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by xylas)
No problem!

Well you haven't lost anything, so it is only possible to gain. You have gained valuable experience which will turn itself into a more grounded and stable psyche.

Practical ways: yes you do have to cut contact. You may see his face, but it won't be in the same way. Try to make him a blur in your mind, his face is just like any random person's face you might walk past in the street.

You basically have to overcome your mind tricking itself and to realise that you are in a much better position now, and to be happy for it.
my mind is actually really strong and if I try my best I can pretend I don't have feelings for him. u have to know how amazing u have been to me. thx.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If someone doesn't want me that already makes them less attractive to me. He also led you on which is douchey behaviour, you deserve someone better that will treat you with respect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed