Report Thread starter 1 week ago
anyone know if I can get a replacement or had previous experiences
FinalMasquerade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi dontevenknow2,

You can order replacement sticks from eBay. If you watch some video tutorials, they're fairly straightforward to replace. I have not done it personally, though I did purchase some different style sticks for my PS4 controller. Just never got round to changing them.
dontevenknow2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Is there not a grip I can just put on top of it though? I am scared to take out the whole analog stick and put another one in
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dontevenknow2)
Is there not a grip I can just put on top of it though? I am scared to take out the whole analog stick and put another one in
Hi, yes there are grips you can purchase. Again, I had some for my PS3 controllers. This is obviously an easier solution. I thought you had meant the actual sticks were not functioning. If it's just the rubber being worn down, then perhaps the thumb grips would be more ideal. Search for 'Xbox Thumb Grips' on eBay.
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
I bought one for xbox one s controller and they go on buy they are too big - i dont want the same to happen what should i buy
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I bought one for xbox one s controller and they go on buy they are too big - i dont want the same to happen what should i buy
I do not have an Xbox, so I am not 100% sure, but I would check feedback on Ebay. Here is multipack that has various sizes. Might be a good shout.
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
okay so these can just go right on right? but I only need one since only one is worn out
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, they do. As I mentioned, just do a search on eBay and check reviews/feedback.
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
those are grips that go over the analog stick normally, the rubber on mine has gone though
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
those are grips that go over the analog stick normally, the rubber on mine has gone though
Do you have an image of what you're referring to?
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15R...h4K2X2W0GEP17Q

its the one on the left
Attached files
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15R...h4K2X2W0GEP17Q

its the one on the left
So, if you get those thumb grip covers, they will go over the rounded part and hook over on the bottom side to be secure.
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
I think the ones you sent me are just meant to be added grips ontop of the grips already there
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think the ones you sent me are just meant to be added grips ontop of the grips already there
They will go over the nub of the stick you already have. I cannot find a specific example, but if you look at the below image, it will show the underside of a thumb grip. This one has a particularly large underside, because it is designed specifically to go on top of the existing thumb grips. The ones you will find on eBay will most likely have a smaller area underneath, giving it more surface area to wrap around the nub.

dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
where can I find the smallers ones, that one is way too larger that is just meant to go over the normal analog stick
FinalMasquerade
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
where can I find the smallers ones, that one is way too larger that is just meant to go over the normal analog stick
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Silic...EAAOSwNhtc2FXY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-...kAAOSwpLdcSM91
dontevenknow2
Rep:
?
first one is switch and second I sent a message to see if the underside is correct to fit on
ElNiñoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah bin your Xbox and buy a playstation 4 like the rest of the civilised world.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (162)
13.26%
Excited (108)
8.84%
Worried (225)
18.41%
Terrified (283)
23.16%
Meh (98)
8.02%
Confused (32)
2.62%