Applying for dentistry but A levels completed in 3 years

Watch
Iman.khan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’ve always wanted to do Dentistry but after having to resit an A level year I didn’t think it would be possible. I have achieved grades of A*AAA in biology, chemistry, maths and welsh baccalaureate respectively (completed in 3 years). I’ve just completed my first year of optometry (achieving a 1st) but I’m still passionate about doing dentistry. I wanted advice as to whether it would be possible for me to still do Dentistry or is it unlikely I’d get onto the course because I’m scared of wasting a year
hwpo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ring/email some admissions tutors and ask.
Iman.khan
Rep:
?
(Original post by hwpo1)
Ring/email some admissions tutors and ask.
yeah you’re right I think that’s the best thing to do
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Iman.khan)
I’ve always wanted to do Dentistry but after having to resit an A level year I didn’t think it would be possible. I have achieved grades of A*AAA in biology, chemistry, maths and welsh baccalaureate respectively (completed in 3 years). I’ve just completed my first year of optometry (achieving a 1st) but I’m still passionate about doing dentistry. I wanted advice as to whether it would be possible for me to still do Dentistry or is it unlikely I’d get onto the course because I’m scared of wasting a year
The A-levels in 2 years rule tends to apply to 18-year-old applicants, not graduate entrants. Carry on with your optometry degree, and apply in 2020 for graduate entry dentistry in 2021.

In the meantime, sound out the admissions people at the school of dentistry of your choice. They're approachable people.
hwpo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You did get a 1st this year so I think they might let you in next year. Alternatively, they might want you to finish your Optometry degree.

I wish you all the best though!
Iman.khan
Rep:
?
(Original post by hwpo1)
You did get a 1st this year so I think they might let you in next year. Alternatively, they might want you to finish your Optometry degree.

I wish you all the best though!
Thank you I think I’m just going to stick to optom now !
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Iman.khan)
Moved to Dentistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (48)
60%
No (32)
40%

Watched Threads