I wish life was as simple as it used to be... Watch

OliverTheHuman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 16 now and going into 6th form soon. I booted up minecraft today for the first time in over 4 years, and everything, the music, the memories, everything, damn near brought me to tears. It reminded me of life in year 5 and year 6, when i really enjoyed school and i had so much free time and lots of great friends to support me. A lot of that i feel like i dont have now, and that just made me really sad. I feel like the social atmospheres i find myself in nowadays tend to just be things i want to escape. Going on this nostalgia trip to 5 years ago just gave me a kind of reality trip idk. I used to absolutely love school, I didnt struggle academically, and if i was bored after school, i would invite someone round and play minecraft for an afternoon then maybe sleepover. Ive gradually lost contact with those people and honestly i just wish i could go back. Go back and do it all again. The simpler life when i didnt have to worry about school. or homework. or grades or exams or hanging round with the wrong people. I wish I was able to revert back to my extraverted, low-maintenance happy self, nowadays i just feel empty, sometimes worthless.
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know, I feel you. Childhood was just stress-free and so good and you wish it could last forever. I'm 18 now and going to uni and I'm feeling nostalgic about my 4 high school years with my friends, not to mention middle school where everything was just so easy and your biggest worry was missing a library book.
And the future is so scary don't you think, one day we'll be 50 and looking back at our youthful years of teenagehood ages ago.
Sometimes I wish time didn't exist and we could stay children forever, or teens forever or whatever age you want to be forever.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OliverTheHuman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
I know, I feel you. Childhood was just stress-free and so good and you wish it could last forever. I'm 18 now and going to uni and I'm feeling nostalgic about my 4 high school years with my friends, not to mention middle school where everything was just so easy and your biggest worry was missing a library book.
And the future is so scary don't you think, one day we'll be 50 and looking back at our youthful years of teenagehood ages ago.
Sometimes I wish time didn't exist and we could stay children forever, or teens forever or whatever age you want to be forever.
exactly. I feel like everything started to deteriorate for me when i went into secondary school. My mental health, anxiety, a less desirable friend group, and you havent got your parents to fall back on as much if you make a mistake. Im not a fan of the kind of ferocious and aggressive attitude schools tea\ch us to have about exams. You go from cruising through primary schools and mesing around in year 7 for a bit, then you're thrust into this culture/mindset that for the next few years, if you have a social life, youre doing something wrong. Everything in the last two years for me has had to revolve around revision, and it really messed up my mental state. I could never do anything without the concept of it nagging me like a parasite. Even 2 months after GCSE's have finished, i dont think im able to recover from the colossal anxiety and monotonous lifestyle that controlled me in year 11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%