The Student Room Group

I wish life was as simple as it used to be...

I'm 16 now and going into 6th form soon. I booted up minecraft today for the first time in over 4 years, and everything, the music, the memories, everything, damn near brought me to tears. It reminded me of life in year 5 and year 6, when i really enjoyed school and i had so much free time and lots of great friends to support me. A lot of that i feel like i dont have now, and that just made me really sad. I feel like the social atmospheres i find myself in nowadays tend to just be things i want to escape. Going on this nostalgia trip to 5 years ago just gave me a kind of reality trip idk. I used to absolutely love school, I didnt struggle academically, and if i was bored after school, i would invite someone round and play minecraft for an afternoon then maybe sleepover. Ive gradually lost contact with those people and honestly i just wish i could go back. Go back and do it all again. The simpler life when i didnt have to worry about school. or homework. or grades or exams or hanging round with the wrong people. I wish I was able to revert back to my extraverted, low-maintenance happy self, nowadays i just feel empty, sometimes worthless.
I know, I feel you. Childhood was just stress-free and so good and you wish it could last forever. I'm 18 now and going to uni and I'm feeling nostalgic about my 4 high school years with my friends, not to mention middle school where everything was just so easy and your biggest worry was missing a library book.
And the future is so scary don't you think, one day we'll be 50 and looking back at our youthful years of teenagehood ages ago.
Sometimes I wish time didn't exist and we could stay children forever, or teens forever or whatever age you want to be forever.
Original post by pinesandapples2001
I know, I feel you. Childhood was just stress-free and so good and you wish it could last forever. I'm 18 now and going to uni and I'm feeling nostalgic about my 4 high school years with my friends, not to mention middle school where everything was just so easy and your biggest worry was missing a library book.
And the future is so scary don't you think, one day we'll be 50 and looking back at our youthful years of teenagehood ages ago.
Sometimes I wish time didn't exist and we could stay children forever, or teens forever or whatever age you want to be forever.

exactly. I feel like everything started to deteriorate for me when i went into secondary school. My mental health, anxiety, a less desirable friend group, and you havent got your parents to fall back on as much if you make a mistake. Im not a fan of the kind of ferocious and aggressive attitude schools tea\ch us to have about exams. You go from cruising through primary schools and mesing around in year 7 for a bit, then you're thrust into this culture/mindset that for the next few years, if you have a social life, youre doing something wrong. Everything in the last two years for me has had to revolve around revision, and it really messed up my mental state. I could never do anything without the concept of it nagging me like a parasite. Even 2 months after GCSE's have finished, i dont think im able to recover from the colossal anxiety and monotonous lifestyle that controlled me in year 11

Quick Reply

Latest