tips to avoid procrastination? Watch

nadine618
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i am starting year 11 pretty soon and i am super lazy. i’ll do everything last minute and stress but i never learn from this and always end up in the same position. i get distracted easily and i have to use a device to do research however i never do what i’m meant to do. i find nothing seems to motivate me. can anyone recommend tips to avoid being distracted and to motivate myself to actually to work. this is a bad habit i want to avoid especially during this very important year!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

BU Students
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I know it may seem really simple, but something that helps me is to leave my phone in another room and don't have the TV on etc. It's surprising how many times you'll pick up a phone to "check" emails/Facebook and spend half an hour on it!

Also have a study plan, and include regular breaks where you can reward yourself with phone/TV time.

For assignments I like to create a plan for each part, then I work on the part I feel most motivated on. If I'm not feeling motivated I might add bullet points/notes to the framework and begin with further reading or listening to a related podcast to inspire me a bit.

Good luck with the next year.

Vicki
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by nadine618)
i am starting year 11 pretty soon and i am super lazy. i’ll do everything last minute and stress but i never learn from this and always end up in the same position. i get distracted easily and i have to use a device to do research however i never do what i’m meant to do. i find nothing seems to motivate me. can anyone recommend tips to avoid being distracted and to motivate myself to actually to work. this is a bad habit i want to avoid especially during this very important year!
I agree with the suggestions above but I'd also add that it can help to change your setting/scenery instead of revising or studying in your bedroom (or even house) as there's so many more distractions. I recently started going to the local library and assigning all of that specific time to completing work, instead of saying I would do it at home and getting distracted.

A coffee shop would work just as well - though in a library other people are working around you and that can sometimes help to keep you focussed. Good luck and I'd love to know what sort of things you try
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%