The Student Room Group

Help - can't control myself when horny

Okay sorry but this will be slightly tmi.

So I've always thought of myself as someone who has self-control but lately that has not at all been the case. I have a friend who is really dtf all the time and like I am always telling myself that I do not want a sexual relationship with him but as soon as I'm horny I cannot resist, I always end up sexting him . As soon as it's over my normal self returns and I feel completely disgusted with myself, like what happened to self-control. But another problem with this is that I haven't lost my v at age 17 and so I guess because I'm lonely (tmi warning) he's come to be the one thing I can masturbate over and it's weird, like some kind of drug, as cliché as that sounds. I always end up disappointed with myself afterwards but as soon as I'm horny it's weird because my entire mindset changes and it just seems like such a good idea, and I have no reason. It isn't too creepy because he's told me he does it over me, as a disclaimer.

If you've read this far, do you know how I can gain self-control? I want to have control over myself and not being able to control myself when horny feels dangerous because I am horny very often. I really don't want to get to the point where I'm hooking up with this guy (he's nice but I worry that I'll catch feelings, which is really not something I want to do. I want to explore other people first).

Thank you for understanding.
@wxgmak I do believe this sticky situation must be resolved. Please pass down some of your wisdom, Mak.
I saw this post and was just gonna tag you in it!!! Ugh you beat me to it 😔
Original post by wxgmak
I saw this post and was just gonna tag you in it!!! Ugh you beat me to it 😔

Fear not. This is TSR after all, the past midnight experience.
TSR is always at its peak at night
Original post by wxgmak
TSR is always at its peak at night

:rofl:

Was that unintentional too?

I do wonder where the OP has gone. I am going to help her now. Trying to be nice before mods ban me forever.
I don’t think before I speak(type), 100% unintentional. I’m pretty sure I’m close to getting banned too 😔
Hey OP. Honestly, I don't think your "lack of self control" is worrying. It's human instinct to get horny, to find particular individuals attractive and to even masturbate over people. It does feel like a drug and like you've lost control but that's just lust and the hormones released when we get aroused. If you're both happy with the current arrangement and both of you are safe I wouldn't worry about it. You shouldn't be ashamed of your sexuality/your natural instinctive feelings towards someone you find attractive. There's nothing unnatural or shameful about it imo.
I mean if you want to lose your virginity and he is someone you trust I am not sure why you would not take things further.

Also agree with Anon #2. I don't suppose we can control out attraction to other people. Why are you scared of catching feelings for him anyways? Do you not think he would reciprocate them?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
"Post nut clarity"
I get the exact same way when I am horny... I can't control my thoughts and bad ideas sound good like texting an ex or telling my female friends that I am really horny... I am horny right now and I really want to **** 1 of my friends even though I have a girlfriend but when I ain't horny I go back to normal.
Reply 11
Hi, honestly I struggle with the same thing but sometimes what I do is that I try to focus on another feeling that is not that like sadness or rage(don’t take it out on the person pls) this feeling its just to tone the hornyness down or cancel it. Also meditation and concentration helps. Following a code or a set of rules helps you to concentrate and to set your moral. Idk if this will help, but I hope it does. :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Okay sorry but this will be slightly tmi.

So I've always thought of myself as someone who has self-control but lately that has not at all been the case. I have a friend who is really dtf all the time and like I am always telling myself that I do not want a sexual relationship with him but as soon as I'm horny I cannot resist, I always end up sexting him . As soon as it's over my normal self returns and I feel completely disgusted with myself, like what happened to self-control. But another problem with this is that I haven't lost my v at age 17 and so I guess because I'm lonely (tmi warning) he's come to be the one thing I can masturbate over and it's weird, like some kind of drug, as cliché as that sounds. I always end up disappointed with myself afterwards but as soon as I'm horny it's weird because my entire mindset changes and it just seems like such a good idea, and I have no reason. It isn't too creepy because he's told me he does it over me, as a disclaimer.

If you've read this far, do you know how I can gain self-control? I want to have control over myself and not being able to control myself when horny feels dangerous because I am horny very often. I really don't want to get to the point where I'm hooking up with this guy (he's nice but I worry that I'll catch feelings, which is really not something I want to do. I want to explore other people first).

Thank you for understanding.

You down to speak on insta or Snapchat? Anywhere tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending