Suggest a career Watch

Lostx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Iamthebesr)
You can even be a designer or engineer for elder people chairs and products or like create animal products for people to use on their pets. Are you creative in terms of manufacturing products either way if you are passionate about helping them and you are a creative person then this job might be for you. 😊
That does sound like a good career, but I prefer to see the people I am helping. I like to talk them.
Last edited by Lostx; 1 week ago
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
You have lot of choices. Podiatry?
I couldn’t think of anything worse.’
Touching smelly sweaty feet all day does not appeal to me.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Oh wow, I don't know why you wanted to do Medicine previously if you don't cope well with stress or exams - because that's literally what you'll have in a career of Medicine.

Working in a zoo? Being a carer? Becoming a cook?

The thing is - a lot of careers will require you to take at least one exam. No job worthwhile doing is entirely stress-free.
Being a carer can be very stressful unless you work somewhere where the service users are mostly independent- I don’t think that’s a good path to suggest if you want a stress free job
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iamthebesr)
This sounds random but maybe a nurse vet or someone who works in a retirement home or even just a nurse.
Great ideas👍 All of those are good careers.
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Being a carer can be very stressful unless you work somewhere where the service users are mostly independent- I don’t think that’s a good path to suggest if you want a stress free job
I like to care for people though. I love
Working with the elderly. It is so rewarding.
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by rjckk)
I advised you to help suicidal girls as career via PM
Have you read it?
No offence but you are starting to scare me. Please don’t PM me anymore. Nevertheless of course I would love to help those who are suicidal.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lostx)
I like to care for people though. I love
Working with the elderly. It is so rewarding.
Elderly people with dementia can be extremely difficult and aggressive; unless you think your mental state can handle that I’d advise you keep away from caring for the elderly
Lostx
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Elderly people with dementia can be extremely difficult and aggressive; unless you think your mental state can handle that I’d advise you keep away from caring for the elderly
I have done before and there didn’t seem to be any problems,
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could look into a design or illustration course, many design courses dont have exams or if they do it's very minimal. However that does not mean they are no stress, there is a lot of stress when the deadline is approaching for coursework and once you land a job there will always be time pressure to get something done for when a client/manufacturer etc wants it. The entry level requirements for design are often not very high at all with some of the best courses wanting BBB and some less good ones even drop as low as CCC.
Maybe take a year out rather than rushing to find something you want to do for the 2020 ucas entry, you will also need time to prepare a portfolio if you do choose to do something design related.
rjckk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lostx)
No offence but you are starting to scare me. Please don’t PM me anymore. Nevertheless of course I would love to help those who are suicidal.
Sorry to scare you
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
there aren’t any careers you can do which don’t require passing exams and assessments. There is stress in every career that you need to naturally deal with.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
there aren’t any careers you can do which don’t require passing exams and assessments. There is stress in every career that you need to naturally deal with.
Truth, every single job has stress in it. Even free lance illustration careers have the stress of trying to manage your own business, cover overhead costs etc. Even something like being a carer which can seem romantic and ideal is incredibly stressful and you have to put up with a lot ( as you yourself know). My parent was a full time carer for her parent and whilst it's not the exact same as being a nurse in a nursing home there were incredibly difficult days.
Resilience is an important quality for any career
Fermion.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lostx)
I have done before and there didn’t seem to be any problems,
You have cared for aggressive patients before?
Fermion.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Truth, every single job has stress in it. Even free lance illustration careers have the stress of trying to manage your own business, cover overhead costs etc. Even something like being a carer which can seem romantic and ideal is incredibly stressful and you have to put up with a lot ( as you yourself know). My parent was a full time carer for her parent and whilst it's not the exact same as being a nurse in a nursing home there were incredibly difficult days.
Resilience is an important quality for any career
Yup. I’m a part time carer for my dad along with my mum. I know it’s not the same thing as it’s more “personal” as you would say, but it really takes a toll on my mental health and physical health. Hoisting is hard work especially if the patient is completely immobile. With my own dad I had to learn to put up that emotional barrier so I wouldn’t break down and it’s the same with all patients as you need to be emotionally detached yet still empathetic. It’s hard work. Also, as part of my job I need to perform medical examinations on various types of patients that are very aggressive and it is HARD. especially when they kick and yell at you. It’s actually pissing me off the way being a carer has been advertised as easy and “romantic” as you said on here. It’s not plain sailing!
FutureZoologist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lostx)
I don’t cope well when under stress or exams. Can someone please help me by suggesting some good careers I could look into.
My interests are: animals, art, helping the elderly and cooking/baking.
Hey, I’m going to study zoology in September :P
Contrary to popular belief, zoology does not just mean ‘becoming a zookeeper’, there are many exciting careers you could go into, for example (what I want to do) going into wildlife conservation, ecological consultation, working for the BBC making wildlife documentaries, working for non-profits such as WWF, going into further research and obtaining a PhD/becoming an expert in your field as well as more!
Famous people like David Attenborough and Charles Darwin are/were all zoologists.
With your a level grades you could probably get into some very good unis through clearing - where I applied to, Exeter, their clearing is posted as BBB atm which equate to your grades so you could definitely go for it!
Although I think there are some exams in most Zoology courses, apparently they also assess you in many other ways such as through coursework, lab work, presentations, field work etc.
If you’re looking for a career where you’ll most likely be active and outdoors and doing something you’re passionate about id really recommend looking into zoology, or equivalent e.g ecology
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%