manueljenni
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Howdy TSR

I read some student-diarys on here and thought it would be quite nice to start my own :-)

To give you some brief information, I'm a senior year high school student from Switzerland, but do intend to study in the UK in 2020 (that's why I signed up here lol). So this year of hs will be quite important for my future life and maybe a diary like this is going to help me to be more productive and - hopefully - get some nice grades.
From what I read online, the last year of hs here is (at least a bit) similar to A-levels in the UK.

So, what do I plan to write here? I'm trying to give you a short summary of every day (what I've done etc., grades received, social events... whatever) and what I do plan to do the next day.

To get started:
What did I do today? Slept till noon (summer break till Aug 18), but later did some good two hours of work. Created graphics for an important paper (details in another post) and started to rewrite a sub-chapter of that paper. Procrastinated the rest of the day. :-(
What do I plan to do tomorrow? Get up at 9am, cook some healthy breakfast, go to the gym for 40 mins. Then finish reworking the chapter I worked on today of this essay. Drive to school to get some equipment for the research of this paper, so that I can do some experiments on Monday. Go to sleep early (not like today - it's almost 3am by now)

I'm not sure if anyone is ever going to read this but I hope you don't mind a 'foreigner' joining! (and sorry for all grammar mistakes haha)
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best of luck!
manueljenni
Rep:
?
Day 1
What did I do today? Woke up at 9am. Got a nice breakfast (even though not healthy). Worked for 2 hrs on this research paper (will tell you more about it tomorrow...). Drove to school and got that equipment. Then played some video games with a buddy for the rest of the afternoon. Ate dinner, watched some movies on Netflix. Now I'm here.
What I failed to do today? MissedGym. Not fully finished the chapter of the paper.
What do I plan to do tomorrow? Wake up at 9am and get right out of bed without touching my phone. Start research experiments. Finish the chapter of that paper. Learn 50 words of French (f*cking French A-level, mandatory over here). Start some calculus revision (Integrals yasss).
I'm really tired so I'm just going to end it here. Cya.
manueljenni
Rep:
?
Day 2
What did I do today? Woke up at 10. Drank an insane amount of coffee because sleep deprivation starts to slowly kick in. Should probably go to bed earlier. Learned 50 new french words. Wrote a bit on that essay but was generally too tired to do anything good. Started experiments though.
What I failed to do today? Be productive.
What do I plan to do tomorrow? Not procrastinate all day. Write. Calculus. 50 other french words.
Too tired to continue writing. Cya.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (94)
58.02%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (20)
12.35%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (12)
7.41%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.56%

Watched Threads