What are ur regrets in year 11? Watch

Adviceeeee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I would like to know what you regret not doing in year 11. Thanks!
queen.m
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not revising earlier (i.e. in the easter holiday). My results were not bad but it could have been improved had I started earlier, especially history.
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by queen.m)
Not revising earlier (i.e. in the easter holiday). My results were not bad but it could have been improved had I started earlier, especially history.
Me too - the teachers said to start revising since February but I didn't take them seriously. I still got pretty good results, but I would've probably got all 9-7 if I took things more seriously and knuckled down early enough. Religious Studies was my lowest grade even though I spent the most time revising it, but because I didn't care and may much attention throughout years 10 and 11 it came and bit me in the back.
aurora1025
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Obviously haven’t got my results yet so I don’t know for sure but my work levels went too far down during exams (I was too relaxed) when I could’ve done with a light refresh before each one or like a practice paper however I did a lot of work during Easter and at the start of exams so hopefully that paid off
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Myrtey
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I regretted not paying enough attention to the mark schemes in my revision. Learning how to structure answers and knowing what the mark scheme wants is THE most useful thing after knowing the content imo.
Kroznox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why have regrets, when you can simply choose not to have any regrets? Sounds stupid at first, but when you think about it, the past is the past and you can do nothing to change it. The only benefit is improving on what you've slipped up on in the past.

I have absolutely no regrets except trying too hard, missing out on sleep.
Sure, we all may have "things that we wish we could change" but let's grasp a hold of the hour and not contemplate about the past, just breathe in, breathe out and let go.
aurora1025
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Myrtey)
I regretted not paying enough attention to the mark schemes in my revision. Learning how to structure answers and knowing what the mark scheme wants is THE most useful thing after knowing the content imo.
yes!! Especially AQA ahaha they love their mark schemes
aurora1025
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also, if you’re like me and is unable to work well in holidays - go to a local library or try to at least do some work over the half term as I felt much less secure with the second half of my exams than my first
Adviceeeee
Rep:
?
N

(Original post by queen.m)
A LOT OF PEOPLE tend to have that regret and I feel like I might too (
Adviceeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by chibichibi_xx)
Me too - the teachers said to start revising since February but I didn't take them seriously. I still got pretty good results, but I would've probably got all 9-7 if I took things more seriously and knuckled down early enough. Religious Studies was my lowest grade even though I spent the most time revising it, but because I didn't care and may much attention throughout years 10 and 11 it came and bit me in the back.
When do you think the best time to start revising is? Thanks xx
Jareds19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I regret the fact that I didn't revise at all.
I had good results, but they could have been much better if I actually revised.
Queen_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly the biggest advice I can give you is do your notes from September. Make sure everything you’ve learnt so far in year 10 you have notes on before you start year 11. Get a book and write down all the required practicals for biology chemistry and physics and you can find them on the aqa website. In year 11 make your notes as you go along and revise for all your mocks very seriously as if they are your real exams. Do as many past paper questions as possible. I was on the new spec but there were a lot of past paper questions on physicsandmathstutors and the mark schemes all for free.
Good luckkkk!!!
Revise and take this year seriously and you’ll find that the exams are much easier than you think.
Adviceeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Queen_1)
Honestly the biggest advice I can give you is do your notes from September. Make sure everything you’ve learnt so far in year 10 you have notes on before you start year 11. Get a book and write down all the required practicals for biology chemistry and physics and you can find them on the aqa website. In year 11 make your notes as you go along and revise for all your mocks very seriously as if they are your real exams. Do as many past paper questions as possible. I was on the new spec but there were a lot of past paper questions on physicsandmathstutors and the mark schemes all for free.
Good luckkkk!!!
Revise and take this year seriously and you’ll find that the exams are much easier than you think.
Thank u so much for the advice!! It was really help also I don't really have any notes that I had written on what I did in year 10 I don't think English will be a problem but things like science and maths will be problems. I was really done with school in year 10 and became really unmotivated. I'm really unsure if I can gain my motivation back
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Adviceeeee)
When do you think the best time to start revising is? Thanks xx
I think by February the latest - if you start in April at least make sure you have all of your revision materials ready (notes, revision guides, workbooks, etc.). I only started making notes in April and I was making them until the last minute instead of doing plenty of practice questions.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
taking art gcse, procrastinating and thinking i still have enough time when irl it just stressed me out even more, especially towards exam season
Queen_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank u so much for the advice!! It was really help also I don't really have any notes that I had written on what I did in year 10 I don't think English will be a problem but things like science and maths will be problems. I was really done with school in year 10 and became really unmotivated. I'm really unsure if I can gain my motivation back
I really struggled with motivation as well but if your aiming high keep that in mind. What worked for me was watching results day videos
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I regret not finding out that I'm an auditory learner sooner. I was using flashcards for a whole year and wondered why nothing was going in.
I also regret not being prepared enough for prom. I missed out on photo opportunities with people I might not see again next year.

I'm dumb. :lol:
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just finished sixth form but my regret was starting too early and not putting enough work in when it really mattered because I had kind of burnt out. only really reflected in my sciences.
Adviceeeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Queen_1)
I really struggled with motivation as well but if your aiming high keep that in mind. What worked for me was watching results day videos
Thank u so much! Xx
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would like to know what you regret not doing in year 11. Thanks!
I regret not taking more time to look after myself, scheduling breaks and actually putting time aside to do things I enjoy. Now I'm working on an apprenticeship I've realised how valuable that time was; no other commitments and freedom to pick and choose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (167)
13.11%
Excited (111)
8.71%
Worried (232)
18.21%
Terrified (298)
23.39%
Meh (102)
8.01%
Confused (32)
2.51%