Strange friendship with my boyfriend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My boyfriend have a best friend female who met 4 years ago and he fell in love with her. He got rejected but they’re still friends.

Now she’s his best friend and he says to me how she’s special in his life and give her presents, send cards in special occasions to her, they talk everyday in Whatsapp and he puts likes in all her posts on social media.
Before our relationship, he used to send beautiful friendship letters to her.

I find strange because they never hangout cuz she’s always busy for him, likes posts of other people and never my boyfriend’s posts, she unfollowed him on Instagram recently and never gave even a card or something to him.

Besides of that, they’re really good friends (it’s what he says to me) and talk everyday. I think my boyfriend likes her more than she likes him. She’s not acting like this because we are dating, she was always like this and I think it’s a little bit strange. I suspect that she only wants his attention (the gifts, online conversations and feeling special) I say that based on what my boyfriend told me about her, she seemed a very lonely and insecure person. She doesn’t act like this with her other friends and she’s really active in social media.

Moreover, she’s always saying that she’s ugly to him and I think she wants him to praise her
saying that she’s beautiful and blabla.

I’m worried about she’s being fake to my boyfriend. I know it’s stupid thinking about that due to social media but I feel something strange.
Maybe she’s like this because my boyfriend was in love with her before but it’s past and now he’s with me, besides, she talks about a guy that she likes to him and he talks about me to her.

They live close to each other but they look having a virtual friendship and my boyfriend doesn’t like that, he prefers to talk personally with his friends. I will not say anything to him cuz it’s his friendships and his life but I’m worried cuz he’s really naive and socially awkward.

Neither of my friends act like this with me and I have a lot of busy friends.
What do you think?
peterdxherty
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Bump
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Your boyfriend still has feelings for her. She is enjoying the attention but doesn't want the commitment of a relationship with him.
Rawr789
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
This is abit of a weird one, but it sounds like she is trying to distance herself away from him. It's possible that she doesn't want to hang out with because she doesn't want to make him think that he has a chance with her. She could be taking advantage of your bf, but the sending gifts thing could just be a part of their friendship, I'm assuming the gifts aren't anything too extravagant. Her saying she's ugly and everything could be her coming on to your bf and wanting him to praise her but it could also be her just telling her how she feels and feeling bad about herself. Have you actually seen the messages between them? Because you're seeing this entirely from your bf's perspective and perhaps his view of this could also be scewed because of his past feeling for her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads