Is this course worth it? Msc In Data Science and AI Watch

Markbcb18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am interested in this course but not sure its even worth it. Its 6500 to do the course but I can get a £2000 fee waiver.I'd also be able to save in living costs as I would be living at home(in Bournemouth). I already have a degree in Economics from University of Southampton so not sure there is any point.

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...l-intelligence

Thanks
Shoegazer92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Markbcb18)
I am interested in this course but not sure its even worth it. Its 6500 to do the course but I can get a £2000 fee waiver.I'd also be able to save in living costs as I would be living at home(in Bournemouth). I already have a degree in Economics from University of Southampton so not sure there is any point.

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...l-intelligence

Thanks
I can't say specifically for the course or the uni, but it depends what your career goals are? have you applied for Data Science/AI jobs and been rejected and need something extra on the CV? did you just finish undergraduate this year?

I know that there was that story on the BBC recently that many graduates are now starting to need a Master's degree to stand out because everyone has a degree these days (well actually 42% of people apparently).

£4500 is very cheap these days for a masters, I suppose remember also you might have some small living costs. If it's the kind of career you want, no reason not to really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.49%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.85%
Terrified (381)
22.23%
Meh (169)
9.86%
Confused (37)
2.16%