Helix piercing concern.. Watch

uwucyka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi.. Today I got my helix piercing and I think they angled it wrong.. They're supposed to be fully through the cartilage but mine is like cartilage and lobe?? It's swelling up and I'm getting really sharp strong pain. (Worse than the needle itself) It's been in pain for 9 hours straight but just went away since I took Tylenol. Advice???
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by uwucyka)
Hi.. Today I got my helix piercing and I think they angled it wrong.. They're supposed to be fully through the cartilage but mine is like cartilage and lobe?? It's swelling up and I'm getting really sharp strong pain. (Worse than the needle itself) It's been in pain for 9 hours straight but just went away since I took Tylenol. Advice???
If you're worried, please go back to the studio that did your piercing. Without seeing an image of your piercing it's difficult to say if it's angled wrong etc. Are you able to take ibuprofen, if so this also great to reduce inflammation.

Good luck
uwucyka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
If you're worried, please go back to the studio that did your piercing. Without seeing an image of your piercing it's difficult to say if it's angled wrong etc. Are you able to take ibuprofen, if so this also great to reduce inflammation.

Good luck
Everyone I know is telling me that it's different from "normal" helix piercings. It looks super off? The piercer mentioned that my ear is a little different, so maybe he did it on purpose? Not sure though. I took ibuprofen a few hours ago. Thank you for your response!
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by uwucyka)
Everyone I know is telling me that it's different from "normal" helix piercings. It looks super off? The piercer mentioned that my ear is a little different, so maybe he did it on purpose? Not sure though. I took ibuprofen a few hours ago. Thank you for your response!
Are there any signs of an infection at all? Apart from the pain and swelling?
uwucyka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Are there any signs of an infection at all? Apart from the pain and swelling?
I don't think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%