helix piercing advice.. Watch

uwucyka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hello, I got my helix piercing about 12 hours ago. It's really swollen and in sharp stinging pain for hours and hours. unbearable.. I have a strong feeling it's not positioned the right way as well. Normal helix should be cartilage piercings right? Mine is cartilage and lobe.. I don't know how to explain but it doesn't look right at all whatsoever. I don't know what to do!! I have a ring earring in (not good for healing I know). The piercer is really well experienced and 5/5 ratings. They've pierced my friends helix with no trouble. Ended up really good. I don't know what the deal is with mine ( Advice????
S.carter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by uwucyka)
Hello, I got my helix piercing about 12 hours ago. It's really swollen and in sharp stinging pain for hours and hours. unbearable.. I have a strong feeling it's not positioned the right way as well. Normal helix should be cartilage piercings right? Mine is cartilage and lobe.. I don't know how to explain but it doesn't look right at all whatsoever. I don't know what to do!! I have a ring earring in (not good for healing I know). The piercer is really well experienced and 5/5 ratings. They've pierced my friends helix with no trouble. Ended up really good. I don't know what the deal is with mine ( Advice????
You need to go back to them and explain. If it’s infected that’s really serious, I had mine pierced and the pain shouldn’t be unbearable just considerable (I had to sleep on one side to avoid sleeping on the piercing).

Have you been rinsing it with saltwater?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
uwucyka
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by S.carter)
You need to go back to them and explain. If it’s infected that’s really serious, I had mine pierced and the pain shouldn’t be unbearable just considerable (I had to sleep on one side to avoid sleeping on the piercing).

Have you been rinsing it with saltwater?
I've been cleaning it with the solution they've provided for me. Would it be okay to wait a week for the swelling to pass and see if I need to change anything? My pain has stopped for now. (Also I have very low pain tolerance)
icndzt
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Definetly go back to the piercer if it gets worse but normally piercings start to feel worse for about 1-2 days after getting them done. Just keep cleaning it morning and night with a saltwater solution and try not to sleep on the side with the piercing.
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah definitely try not to touch it as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise