American vs British Music Watch

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by =nuke=)
Unless it's metal (where they lose to Scandinavian countries). :p:
Matter of taste, though the most popular metal bands do come from Britain and the US. My favourite Scandinavian band is Morgana Lefay and I doubt many people would have heard of them.
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
10 out of my top 20 and 9 out of my top 20 on last.fm are North American and from these Isles respectively, which is pretty damn even. I'm obsessed with a certain sort of American sound at the moment, but my favourite band ever hail from York. So I dunno where I stand.
futurelawyer
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Cool. Thanks for the comments guys. More people seem to prefer British music (well judging by the replies so far).
Okay54
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Amm0)
British rock is so much better
agreed
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by futurelawyer)
Cool. Thanks for the comments guys. More people seem to prefer British music (well judging by the replies so far).
there are more british replied so, not that i disagree with you.
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Beatles.

I love them.
pcok
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I listen to rap mainly, and hip hop is so much better than grime (if you don't know then that's like the UK hip hop). Hip hop actually means something whereas half of grime just seems to rap about postcodes and ish. So yeah, American ftw!
Drexl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think America have the majority of the best bands my favourites being: Death Cab, The Postal Service, Alexisonfire, BATTLES.

British is actually really **** atm tbh. Most bands that are near Britain that I listen to are from Ireland or Scotland, (Belle and Sebastian, My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain)
Voldy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like both, but have probably listened to more American music, due to the sheer amount that comes out of the US. I don't know if I'd be able to choose though, as my favourite artists are spread across the two areas.
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
America gave us punk (afaik), those whiney bands which sing about college angst and girls, and as of lately, whiney emo bands.

The UK developed progressive rock. I think it's safe to say I prefer UK music.
celebracion
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't really prefer one over the other. Just depends on the individual artist.
thisispop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
British music, hands down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed