Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did a biochemistry degree and I did AH bio, AH chem, H maths and crashed Higher physics. I had plenty of time to study for all.
For physics it's just learning formulas and definitions. Some Nat 5 maths too.
It depends how motivated you are and what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy something you might find it hard to study for it, even if in theory it should be "easy".

I had to drop my advanced highers for personal reasons (not because they were hard) but I managed to get into biochem with AABBCC at highers. BB at higher chem and bio.
For biochemistry, AH's are gonna make your life 1000x easier as you gonna cover roughly the same material in your first year at uni. Even if you don't manage to get A's or a B's, you are still gonna be familiar with the material which will make uni less stressful
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Ah, that's such a shame. Honestly, I self-learned it and it was incredibly simple to do so. I know I keep going on and on about it but I just can't get over how easy and interesting it was. :rambo:

If your school has any of the Higher textbooks lying around, ask if you could have one! Great reading material in your spare time.
I’m a bit sad in that I like reading a philosophy/religion anyway so I might have a look haha. Thanks
withered.rose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should check with your chosen university but some do accept an A or B at advanced higher as an equivalent to an A at higher level. And congrats on ur results, many universities see it as a bonus if you have achieved 5 or more highers in one sitting as this is really hard
Katelouisa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Higher geography is an easy A if you can learn quickly and it is both a science and humanities so it is looked highly upon by unis. With your other subjects you’d definitely manage!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads