The Student Room Group

I don’t know how to revise for my computing exam

I have never revised in my life and I would like to know by step by step on how to revise.

I have revision guide and revision workbook and I’ve printed out some past papers.

P.s I don’t know anything about content but I would like to revise it all ready for my first day in September.
It depends on what you're revising for really! I found with Science subjects that diagrams were a massive help, ,but when it came to literacy and remembering things, actions or repetition was the best technique! Just remember, everyone revises differently, you might wanna try different types of methods and see what suits you best! Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ameliawills152
It depends on what you're revising for really! I found with Science subjects that diagrams were a massive help, ,but when it came to literacy and remembering things, actions or repetition was the best technique! Just remember, everyone revises differently, you might wanna try different types of methods and see what suits you best! Good Luck!

These are one of the exam to give an example of what I am doing https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Firsts/Information-and-Creative-Technology/2012/External-assessments/BTEC_Onscreen_retired_test_ICT_U1_V1.pdf
Hey! What type of qualification is this and what exam board are you using?
Reply 4
Original post by ALevelCompSci
Hey! What type of qualification is this and what exam board are you using?

BTEC First and Edexcel
(edited 4 years ago)
Cool! Is there any sort of specification of the course?
Try their website (I found this website link but I'm not sure if it is the exam you are taking : https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-firsts/international-information-technology-2014.html ).

Once you find the specification, go through it page by page and find the corresponding pages in your revision guide. You can then make flashcards if you want to, although since you are using a revision guide, and not the class textbook, you may only learn the key points of each topic, but that is fine as you will go over the same topic in class.

Enjoy your revision, but also please remember to have regular breaks.
Reply 6
Original post by ALevelCompSci
Cool! Is there any sort of specification of the course?
Try their website (I found this website link but I'm not sure if it is the exam you are taking : https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-firsts/international-information-technology-2014.html ).

Once you find the specification, go through it page by page and find the corresponding pages in your revision guide. You can then make flashcards if you want to, although since you are using a revision guide, and not the class textbook, you may only learn the key points of each topic, but that is fine as you will go over the same topic in class.

Enjoy your revision, but also please remember to have regular breaks.

Would digital flash cards be good and are flash cards used for questions on one side and answer on the other side?

Or it is for definition
Original post by BizzFrog22
Would digital flash cards be good and are flash cards used for questions on one side and answer on the other side?

Or it is for definition

Digital or physical flashcards are fine, it depends on preference. I only use digital flashcards because I don't have to worry about my handwriting and making it pretty.

I would use them for facts and definitions, with the question on one side of the flashcard and the answer on the other.

If you want some (personally, great) revision tips check out Ali Abdaal's YouTube channel; he has a whole evidence-based series on the most effective study and revision methods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending