lou447
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ive got natrually blonde hair and want to dye it dark-mid brown to see what it looks like.

a- will wash in wash out definately come out!
b- can anyone recommend some hair dye?

Thanks!
WarmSound
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
By wash in wash out do you mean like the ones that say they last like a couple of washes? I can't comment on those because I haven't used them, but as someone who regularly uses semi-permanant (24 washes) brown dye on dark ash blonde hair I can tell you that semi permanant dye can definitely leave permanant stains!

In my experience they fade by about half/two thirds then they stop fading and won't come out any more. This builds up if you dye it again and the ends of your hair gradually become permamantly dyed, despite only using semi permanant dye. So if you want to get your natural colour back I'd strongly recommend trying something weaker than standard semi permanant dye.
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, just like WarmSound said - I dyed mine semi-permanent dark purple (it's naturally a mousy blonde) and 4 months on it's still got a 'stained' look.

Anyone know how to get rid?? :/
Steffiewoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by in_vogue)
Yeah, just like WarmSound said - I dyed mine semi-permanent dark purple (it's naturally a mousy blonde) and 4 months on it's still got a 'stained' look.

Anyone know how to get rid?? :/
Wash your hair in washing up liquid. Sounds crazy but it works.
chr15chr15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wash in wash out for me lasted a lot longer than the packet said but it did all come out, then i have dark brown hair dyed red!
my mum, who is a hairdresser, said it will fade very slowly out of blond hair!
she also said go for a semipermanent colour, not a permanent one! the guide is two bottles in a box is usually permanent, one is semi!
hope this helps!
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Semi permanent dyes are basically permanent - this is because they contain 2 chemicals which are mixed to create a dye (one bottle of colour the other bottle of developer) - developer is usually peroxide, which bleaches your hair so the colour appears more vibrant. Semi permanent dyes do not 'wash' out, nor do they fade out. You will have to grow out a semi permanent hair dye, no matter how many times they put '24 washes' on the packet, if it contains peroxide, it's permanent.

So, I recommend what I know as a 'toner' which is a sachet of colour that is literally 'wash in, wash out' - I used them when I was younger and they pretty much washed out straight away...
sunburnt_note
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have naturally blonde hair and have been dark before - I would highly recommend getting a colour that has some red in it, even if it's a little bit; my hairdresser gave me this tip. Basically, otherwise, you run the risk of having a slightly green tint to your hair.

I would recommend L'oreal Castings range - they come out in 6-8 weeks, and don't contain ammonia

in_vogue - get 'Vosene' or any really good anti-dandruff shampoo; they work like a charm for removing colour

xxx
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sunburnt_note)
I have naturally blonde hair and have been dark before - I would highly recommend getting a colour that has some red in it, even if it's a little bit; my hairdresser gave me this tip. Basically, otherwise, you run the risk of having a slightly green tint to your hair.

I would recommend L'oreal Castings range - they come out in 6-8 weeks, and don't contain ammonia

in_vogue - get 'Vosene' or any really good anti-dandruff shampoo; they work like a charm for removing colour

xxx
I use L'oreal Castings to dye my hair black, and it contains hydrogen peroxide, which means it grows out - it took me about a year and a half to get back to my natural colour.
sunburnt_note
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Possibly that's because you were dying your hair black, which is the darkest you can go lol? I never found that - always took a max of 2 months unless i dyed it repeatedly every 6 weeks.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's actually 'darkest brown' so it's technically not black, but all castings dyes contain peroxide. Just a warning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads