High heart rate? Watch

anonymous11123xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is a resting heart rate between 60-100bpm normal for a 16 year old? I’m inactive and when I’m walking it’s about 100-130. Panicking so much
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anonymous11123xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous11123xo)
Is a resting heart rate between 60-100bpm normal for a 16 year old? I’m inactive and when I’m walking it’s about 100-130/40. Panicking so much
My heart rate is also 130-200 when running
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is a resting heart rate between 60-100bpm normal for a 16 year old? I’m inactive and when I’m walking it’s about 100-130. Panicking so much
Yes, 60-100 is the normal heart rate range. Exertion and exercise will increase your heart rate.

Panicking will increase your heart rate too. So if you can avoid it, try!

If you are worried, go and see your GP.
sknudson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Doesn't strike me as particularly concerning. If you're concerned about your cardiac health, then you're eligible to attend a free CRY screening event nationwide: https://www.c-r-y.org.uk/screening/ . You'll get a freebie ECG and will be able to discuss your concerns with a cardiologist if the test shows anything abnormal. I went to one last year and have palpitations I didn't know about and don't feel, so it's a worthwhile visit.
anonymous11123xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Yes, 60-100 is the normal heart rate range. Exertion and exercise will increase your heart rate.

Panicking will increase your heart rate too. So if you can avoid it, try!

If you are worried, go and see your GP.
I was just walking for about 10 mins and my heart rate was at 144. Is this still bad?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was just walking for about 10 mins and my heart rate was at 144. Is this still bad?
We need more information and I can't say it's good (false reassurance) or bad (falsely worrying you).

Go and see your GP, and / or ask for a screening like @sknudson said.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes that's a normal resting HR. I'm 20 and mine got up to 142 recently when I went for a walk, and the highest I've seen it was 177 when I was hiking. I have a long history of family heart conditions though so I'm putting mine down to something like that or that's just being how I am.

If you're worried see you're doctor. Maybe keep a record of it and see if you notice any patterns. Also maybe try to increase your activity levels to help your fitness.
anonymous11123xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
We need more information and I can't say it's good (false reassurance) or bad (falsely worrying you).

Go and see your GP, and / or ask for a screening like @sknudson said.
So I was just walking round
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yes that's a normal resting HR. I'm 20 and mine got up to 142 recently when I went for a walk, and the highest I've seen it was 177 when I was hiking. I have a long history of family heart conditions though so I'm putting mine down to something like that or that's just being how I am.

If you're worried see you're doctor. Maybe keep a record of it and see if you notice any patterns. Also maybe try to increase your activity levels to help your fitness.
I want to start running but I fear that if my heart rate is 144 when walking briskly for not very long, my heart rate will be through the roof and it’ll be very dangerous to run. But wouldn’t my heart rate decrease with exercise? My father had an irregular heart beat but I don’t know if I can inherit that.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
...My father had an irregular heart beat but I don’t know if I can inherit that.
Irregular heart beat is common in the elderly.

If you are worried go and see your GP.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So I was just walking round

I want to start running but I fear that if my heart rate is 144 when walking briskly for not very long, my heart rate will be through the roof and it’ll be very dangerous to run. But wouldn’t my heart rate decrease with exercise? My father had an irregular heart beat but I don’t know if I can inherit that.
Best to see your GP. They can offer you advice about what kind of exercise would be best for you, and help calm your nerves about your heart rate too
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm like that. My resting heart rate is around 80, but even light exercise such as waking can raise it to 130. Jogging will have it very quickly reach 165, and a sprint will have it peak at about 190.
I'm not particularly unhealthy (just not really that active) so I'm presuming this is OK for someone who does not do that much exercise
anonymous11123xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
I'm like that. My resting heart rate is around 80, but even light exercise such as waking can raise it to 130. Jogging will have it very quickly reach 165, and a sprint will have it peak at about 190.
I'm not particularly unhealthy (just not really that active) so I'm presuming this is OK for someone who does not do that much exercise
Okay! Thank you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%