Progression onto 2nd year Watch

Anonymous363829
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Failed two modules in 1st year but I’m appealing to see if I can carry forward those two modules or let me drop one failed module and carry the other into second year. I’m appealing on the grounds of undisclosed extenuating circumstances. How likely is it my appeal will be successful?
toy&halo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you have:
1. convincing and evidenced reasons for not disclosing earlier or for why you didn't claim mitigation at the time of the assessment, and
2. your extenuating circumstances are fully evidenced for the period of time you are claiming to be affected
then you have a chance.
(nobody can really say how likely it is that an appeal will be successful as you have given virtually no information)

Make sure you are getting support from the SU as they will have people who are trained to support students through the appeal process and make sure that you don't say the wrong thing or misunderstand the procedures.
Anonymous363829
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by toy&halo)
If you have:
1. convincing and evidenced reasons for not disclosing earlier or for why you didn't claim mitigation at the time of the assessment, and
2. your extenuating circumstances are fully evidenced for the period of time you are claiming to be affected
then you have a chance.
(nobody can really say how likely it is that an appeal will be successful as you have given virtually no information)

Make sure you are getting support from the SU as they will have people who are trained to support students through the appeal process and make sure that you don't say the wrong thing or misunderstand the procedures.
Thank you for the response. The problem is i wasn’t diagnosed with my condition until after the assessments took place, which is why I couldn’t apply for extenuating circumstances during the time. Because of this I wasn’t aware of the condition I had until after. Will the Uni accept this as reasoning for not disclosing reasonings earlier?
toy&halo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you weren't diagnosed you have a clear reason for not claiming mitigation at the time of the assessments. Your doctor would need to explain when you were diagnosed and how long, in their professional opinion, you are likely to have been affected (so that the evidence supports why you did badly before being officially diagnosed). For appeals you need to get as much evidence as you can from the relevant professionals - doctors, counsellors, or whoever you have seen.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Make sure you contact the Advice Service at the SU. But plan for the appeal not being upheld as most don't. Your evidence will be the key to this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.46%
Excited (165)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.52%
Terrified (388)
22.07%
Meh (180)
10.24%
Confused (38)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (243)
13.82%
Impatient (217)
12.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise