SQA Higher English Watch

Lb2019
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just looking to see if anyone has been successful in an exam review for higher English? I have been on track all year to get an A/B, I got a B in my prelim. I got a D in the final?? Something doesn’t seem right. Any help
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lb2019)
Just looking to see if anyone has been successful in an exam review for higher English? I have been on track all year to get an A/B, I got a B in my prelim. I got a D in the final?? Something doesn’t seem right. Any help
Firstly, I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for It's not a nice feeling.

As soon as you go back to school ask for your mark breakdown. See where you lost marks and if you're close to the C mark, try for a marker review.

English is one of the most subjective subjects and folio marks can vary wildly. Let us know how you get on
Lb2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by 123543)
Firstly, I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for It's not a nice feeling.

As soon as you go back to school ask for your mark breakdown. See where you lost marks and if you're close to the C mark, try for a marker review.

English is one of the most subjective subjects and folio marks can vary wildly. Let us know how you get on
Thank you, will do
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lb2019)
Sorry to hear that. Try for a remark.

I have, at times, found Higher English unpredictable. Generally, people get the grade they deserve but I have personally witnessed instances of A-grade students randomly scraping a C at Higher and then going on to getting A band 1 in AH... I've also witnessed some people scraping Ds and Cs all year and then randomly getting A band 1 in the Higher English exam... :confused:
Lb2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
Sorry to hear that. Try for a remark.

I have, at times, found Higher English unpredictable. Generally, people get the grade they deserve but I have personally witnessed instances of A-grade students randomly scraping a C at Higher and then going on to getting A band 1 in AH... I've also witnessed some people scraping Ds and Cs all year and then randomly getting A band 1 in the Higher English exam... :confused:
I did plan on doing AH but I don’t think I will be able to with a D. I’ve never had a D in English, ever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%