The Student Room Group

SQA Higher English

Just looking to see if anyone has been successful in an exam review for higher English? I have been on track all year to get an A/B, I got a B in my prelim. I got a D in the final?? Something doesn’t seem right. Any help
Reply 1
Original post by Lb2019
Just looking to see if anyone has been successful in an exam review for higher English? I have been on track all year to get an A/B, I got a B in my prelim. I got a D in the final?? Something doesn’t seem right. Any help

Firstly, I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for :frown: It's not a nice feeling.

As soon as you go back to school ask for your mark breakdown. See where you lost marks and if you're close to the C mark, try for a marker review.

English is one of the most subjective subjects and folio marks can vary wildly. Let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 123543
Firstly, I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for :frown: It's not a nice feeling.

As soon as you go back to school ask for your mark breakdown. See where you lost marks and if you're close to the C mark, try for a marker review.

English is one of the most subjective subjects and folio marks can vary wildly. Let us know how you get on :smile:

Thank you, will do
Original post by Lb2019

Sorry to hear that. Try for a remark.

I have, at times, found Higher English unpredictable. Generally, people get the grade they deserve but I have personally witnessed instances of A-grade students randomly scraping a C at Higher and then going on to getting A band 1 in AH... I've also witnessed some people scraping Ds and Cs all year and then randomly getting A band 1 in the Higher English exam... :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Quick-use
Sorry to hear that. Try for a remark.

I have, at times, found Higher English unpredictable. Generally, people get the grade they deserve but I have personally witnessed instances of A-grade students randomly scraping a C at Higher and then going on to getting A band 1 in AH... I've also witnessed some people scraping Ds and Cs all year and then randomly getting A band 1 in the Higher English exam... :confused:

I did plan on doing AH but I don’t think I will be able to with a D. I’ve never had a D in English, ever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending